Saturday, June 18th 2005 Worcester, MA ... MANOWAR!!!

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
this isnt a Flame Jonny for being a manowar fan thread if you want to make a Manowar(is cheesy, is gay, sucks) post or whatever else do it somewhere else! this is a JonnyfuckinD is excited to go to one of his Favorite Heavy Metal Bands concert a band that he has never seen, a band that will surely Kick his ass! .... so yes I have been wanting to see Manowar for many many many years and it will finally happen in less than 2 weeks! I'm Excited!:headbang: :headbang:

I'm gonna try & go see them this week in Baltimore! Manowar is one of the bands that I've always wanted to see live, 'cause I know they put on a great show. It'll be cool to see Rhapsody opening up for 'em also.

Who's on tour with them? Seen them in 2003 with the mighty but unfortunatley defunct IMMORTAL! Have fun john and if COC tours thru your area with Crowbar,
Weedeater and Alabama Thunderpussy I highly suggest you check that show out too.
I had a blast last Thur. at that show!

Cool that you are so excited buddy! Its been a few years since I saw them. At the Dynamo festival it was I believe. of course we expect a full review :). Even though I am most of the time to damn lazy to write one myself! :lol:

They are one hell of a band. I just don't get all the talking they do at their shows. Well, I will leave any conclusion up to you.

Enjoy Bro! :wave:

wdiv said:
I'm gonna try & go see them this week in Baltimore! Manowar is one of the bands that I've always wanted to see live, 'cause I know they put on a great show. It'll be cool to see Rhapsody opening up for 'em also.

We are in the same boat I see :D :headbang: ... I am not to fond of Rhapsody but ya never know after I see them I might really like em!

Hawk said:
Cool that you are so excited buddy! Its been a few years since I saw them. At the Dynamo festival it was I believe. of course we expect a full review :). Even though I am most of the time to damn lazy to write one myself! :lol:

They are one hell of a band. I just don't get all the talking they do at their shows. Well, I will leave any conclusion up to you.

Enjoy Bro! :wave:

I am pretty lazy too but I will give a Report of the goings ons and what I thought of em for sure!!!

My review of the Baltimore show:
---------------------------------
June 9 2005 - Sonar Lounge, Baltimore

The first band was Holy Hell, who was decent but a bit cliche. Female lead singer... The guitarist is trying too hard to look like Rob Halford... the Keyboardist reminds me of Booger from Revenge of the Nerds. The highlight of the set was Eric Adams making a cameo, presenting the Holy Hell singer with a rose and singing a duet with her (while rubbing up on her a little bit as well) The ended with a pretty good cover of Yngwie's Rising Force.

Rhapsody was the second act. They've been on my radar screen for years, but they've never intrigued me enough to actually but a cd... Their set did not help the cause. The double bass absolutely drowned out everything, except for the vocalist occasionally (who does look remarkably like Robert Plant). I could barely even hear the guitars, so I don't know if they've got any musical talent... I thought they played entirely too long (nearly an hour) and they bored the hell out of me. Since when do opening acts get to play an encore ??? (Maybe they were promoted to co-headliner... I dunno). So, I guess I'm not too impressed with Rhapsody.

Manowar finally made their appearance about 11:00 & played a kickass set. No surprises with the setlist, but it was delivered supurbly. The audience was fairly small (maybe 300 people... the crowd could easily hold twice as many), but everyone was chanting along to the classics... Hail & Kill, Sign of the Hammer, Kings of Metal, etc. Eric Adams was in a good mood, so we weren't privaleged to one of his tirades, even when the lighting was screwed up, or when a couple of kids ran across the stage and stage-dived.

Classic Joey Dimaio moment: At the encore break, Joey comes out on stage proclaiming death to rap, jazz, punk and any other non-true-metal band out there, and vowing to return to Baltimore, such that Manowar can blow the fucking roof off of the fucking joint. He then propositions a "young girl who drove all the way from North Carolina" in the audience, to "bring her to glory" on the stage in front of her mother (who was also in the crowd). He then chugs a Budweiser and throws the can in the crowd. Gotta love it!

Manowar is one band that really knows how to put on a live show, and are definately "kings of metal" in my book. The only dissapointment was that they only played for maybe 80 minutes or so... I bet that damn extended Rhapsody set caused Manowar to shorten their set!

I'm glad that a decent metal show finally came to Baltimore... which is a pretty rare occurance. (Maybe not as rare as Costa Rica, but still pretty friggin rare! :p)