SATURNUS CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Denmark's melodic doom metal masters SATURNUS have just been confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2007. The 5th annual metal festival will take place on Friday, April 20th and Saturday, April 21st at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL.

Saturnus will be playing in support of their critically acclaimed new album, "Veronika Decides To Die", which was produced by Flemming Rasmussen (METALLICA, ARTILLERY), features a guest appearance by MERCYFUL FATE guitar legend Michael Denner, and was also nominated in four catagories (Best Metal Album, Best Metal Track, Best Metal Production & Best Metal Artwork) at last year's Danish Metal Awards event. This will be their US debut performance, which has been slotted for the Saturday night of the fest.

Current Powerfest lineup:

SOLITUDE AETURNUS
MARTYR
SATURNUS
NOVEMBERS DOOM
BENEDICTUM
SHATTER MESSIAH
THURISAZ

The remaining bands, which also include both headliners, will be announced by early next week. Ticket information will also be made available within a week or two following lineup completion.

For more information regarding the fest and the bands, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com or www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

What is up with taking sooo long in releasing info on which bands are going to play a festival? Is it because the contract ink hasn't dried yet and they don't want to go to press too soon? Are the labels demanding this? Or is it some gay marketing ploy to make us salivate and drool at the mouth with anticipation, hoping we'll all rush out to buy tickets as soon as the "big guns" are announced?

Believe me, all of you, if I ever put a festival together, I'm going to announce the entire roster in one goddamn announcement. I don't see how releasing the info piece-meal, or releasing it altogether makes one iota of difference to the people going.

step 1: Announce the fest, location, and dates.
step 2: Get all your contracts signed.
step 3: Announce entire roster.

I'm sure I'm simplifying it, but what the hell. :loco:

Trust me...we're announcing the bands right as the ink is drying. This year has been especially difficult on us. And regarding the piece-meal announcements...it does indeed help to keep a buzz going considering most Americans have ADD :p So the more something like this is kept in the "media", the better the chances of the news getting out...though it was not our intention.

But not only that, if you were to check out our fest forum, you'd see that most of the fans are rabid for any morsel of information about bands, which is why we've been announcing them as they confirm. ;)

For next year's fest, we plan on addressing the lineup much, much sooner... ;)

Sorry for the annoying multiple announcements...and if you'd rather not me post them on here, I'd completely understand. Being annoying is definitely bad...so just let me know.

*waiting for headliner announcements*

because let's face it this isn't a case of Solitude Aeternus going the same way as Virgin Steele at ProgPower.....both headliners need to be huge to top Solitude Aeternus for chicago powerfest am i rite?

yeah, seriously... with SA not being the headliner, I'm baffled at who it could possibly be. With My Dying Bride saying how they'll do some US fests, I had SOME hope it was them, but they have a show somewhere in Europe on April 21st, so that rules them out.... hmm..... Solitude Aeturnus on one night with Candlemass headlining the 2nd night so Rob can rest his voice? *scratches head* other than that, I can't really think of a more suitable headliner

because let's face it this isn't a case of Solitude Aeternus going the same way as Virgin Steele at ProgPower.....both headliners need to be huge to top Solitude Aeternus for chicago powerfest am i rite?
If you follow Rob's comments over in the Powerfest forum, it would seem they have been trying to work with bands who believe in the fest, so that they can pursue two big headliners. However, one of the previously announced bands (possibly SA?) could end up in a co-headlining spot on one of the two nights, if they're unable to lock down the 2nd headliner they've been trying to get.

As Dark One eluded to, they've given themselves a deadline of Friday to finalize the roster and next Monday to announce it.

Zod

Ehh, Saturnus doesn't do much for me...

We will see if I go or not, since it's the weekend of a huge festival at my college.