Satyricon

I don't have them all either, but I can say the newest - 'Volcano' is absolutely superb, perhaps ESPECIALLY if you don't have as many preconceived notions about what Satyricon's music should sound like.

I also understand that their debut full-length, 'Dark Medieval Times', is excellent, from when Satyricon where much more black, with some folk underpinnings as well. SOunds good to me!

But I'd look for those 2 albums.

Originally posted by Somberlain
I am looking to buy more of Satyricons albums..I have Nemesis Divina, and have been thinking abut buying their two latest.any reccomendations?
Dark Medieval Times and The Shadowthrone are essential albums and I would recommend also Rebel Extravaganza.

I love the new album, but the old stuff was even better. Black Lava really kicks ass though.

Originally posted by Dodens Grav
I love the new album, but the old stuff was even better. Black Lava really kicks ass though.

man that songs sucks so immensly :p
what's the point in repeating a mediocre riff for 14 minutes? not enitrely true i know, but you have generalize to come up with some good critic ;)

Thats awsome for Satyricon, they should really get Volcano to come out in the US, because i know a few who are dying to get it. I payed 17 bucks for itbut it was my first Satyricon work and Volcano seemed the coolest to me.

which brings me to another point, SATYR TOUR TH US PLEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!!

Taken from the official site:

Black Lava Down Europe 2003

DE Essen - Zeche Carl 14.2.2003
NL Oss - Groene Engel 15.2.2003
BE Vosselaar - Biebob 16.2.2003
NL Amsterdam - Melkweg 17.2.2003
NL Hengelo - Metropool 18.2.2003
NL Groeningen - Vera 19.2.2003
UK Bristol - Academy 21.2.2003
UK Bradford - Rio 22.2.2003
UK Glasgow - King Tuts 24.2.2003
UK London - Mean Fiddler 25.2.2003
UK Manchester - Hope & Grape 26.2.2003
IRL Dublin - Temple Music C 27.2.2003
UK Birmingham - Academy 28.2.2003
FR Rennes - Ubu 2.3.2003
FR Paris - Locomotive 3.3.2003
FR Bordeaux - Koslow 4.3.2003
SP Vitoria - sala Azkena 5.3.2003
PO Porto - Hard Club 6.3.2003
PO Lisabon - Paradise Garage 7.3.2003
SP Madrid - Caracol 8.3.2003
SP Barcelona - KGB 9.3.2003
FR Avignon - Comédie 11.3.2003
IT Milan - Transilvania 12.3.2003
IT Rome - Horus 13.3.2003
IT Treviso - New Age 14.3.2003
CH Wil - Remise 15.3.2003
AU Graz - Orpheum 17.3.2003
AU Vienna - Planet Music 18.3.2003
DE München - Metropolis 19.3.2003
DE Frankfurt - Batscchkapp 20.3.2003
DE Berlin - SO 36 21.3.2003
DE Glauchau - Alte Spinnerei 22.3.2003
DE Hamburg - Markthalle 23.3.2003
RUS Moscow - DKG 29.3.2003

A SATYRICON tour report posted at their website (www.satyricon.no), reported that drummer Frost broke his foot before soundcheck in Milan, Italy! The posting read as follows: “Unholy shit, mother of all... We've had a few very good shows and the spirit is still strong. Paris and Porto (Portugal) being the best ones. Seems like the fans are always happy with our performances and it's always a treat to harvest fruits from years of hard work. This band needs to be on a big stage where we get to use all our lights and pyro. That's when we REALLY shine! Italy was going to be one of the highlights of the tour which it wasn't. We knew the promoter had done a terrible job in promoting the shows and Rome had to be canceled because of some technical problems at the venue where we were performing. There was no other venue available the same day. As if this was enough Frost BROKE HIS FOOT RIGHT BEFORE SOUNDCHECK IN MILAN. "Luckily" it was on of the smaller bones in his foot and not his leg. He did play the show in Milan and a lot of people came out for the show although it would have been twice as many if they didn't set up the posters two hours before the doors opened. Frost was in excruciating pain during our show in Treviso last night, but he played remarkably well despite his break. He has decided himself to go through with

the tour and we're just all very proud of him and we hope the fans APPRECIATE the die hard attitude and strength of this band. We do hope and think he will make it all way through. Come out and experience the raw energy and authority of Satyricon live!”