Satyricon

SATYRICON’s new album will be released in Europe in late October through Capitol Records and posted the following at their website, www.satyricon.no, on August 26th, “We've finished the recording of the video for the song ‘Fuel For Hatred’ with director Jonas Åkerlund. We are extremely satisfied and can't wait to get started with the editing. Hopefully the video will be ready for broadcasting late September/early October. We also plan to release it, but that will
probably happen towards the end of the year. You're up for a treat!”

It's amazing that a band like Satyricon have made it so big. Who would have thought from the early stuff that they'd winning awards and making dvds.....

WILL be released? I saw a copy of Volcano in a local record store last Thursday. It was Volcano for certain, I have seen pics of the cover. It also had the raped-something-nation song on it.

As much as I wanted to give it a chance, Volcano's Satyricon's worst effort by far... it's very very boring and simple, sounds like it took them longer to play the songs than write them... probably the biggest disappointment of the year so far.

Originally posted by El Malefica
Their worst release ever... This band gone too far in this shit direction

Sigh sigh.....

Even if a part of me knew this already (hearing Repined Bastard Nation gave me this feeling) the other one was still longing for a Satyricon's old times black metal.... anyway the best thing is that I've time to decide if the album is worth buying as it'll come in store on 21st October, maybe I'll be able to save some money...

taken from Brave Words...

SATYRICON’s new album, Volcano, has been released in Scandinavia through EMI and will appear in the rest of Europe on October 21st. According to their website, deals with Asia and North America are still pending.

It says on the homepage that it was released in August in Scandinavia and that it will be out in the rest of Europe on the 21st of October.

I listened to the samples and am not yet convinced, wasn't too overwhelmed by Rebel Extravaganze, so I hope it's better than that. I heard Niklas Sundin call it the best Metal album of 2002 so far, it should have at least some quality then... I thought the samples showed a little touch of Motorhead, a bit of an old rock n' roll feeling in them... Maybe it'll grow on me.

I've donwloaded a couple of songs and I must say that they're hearable....but nothing more....
The only good things is that Volcano seems to be less Industrial than Rebel.... but it'll never be at the level of The Shadowthrone :cry:

Originally posted by MadTinus
I listened to the samples and am not yet convinced, wasn't too overwhelmed by Rebel Extravaganze, so I hope it's better than that. I heard Niklas Sundin call it the best Metal album of 2002 so far
Well... im not sure you will like it. As MotherNorth said it is not so industrial... but they continued what they had started on RE. I like it (like everything thats under the name of Satyricon) but i dont know why ppl say its the best metal album.. i like it, but im not fascinated with it.

Their best album is Dark Medieval Times.... that's what black metal is about.. I also like The Shadowthrone. I'm not a great fan of their latest works, but Satyr is still a genius.

Originally posted by henrikmain
Their best album is Dark Medieval Times.... that's what black metal is about.. I also like The Shadowthrone. I'm not a great fan of their latest works, but Satyr is still a genius.

Yes, Satyr is really a genius..... I really love him ;)

Ok on another forum I stated that I thought that Dark Medieval Times, The Shadowthrone, and Nemesis Divina were Satyricon's only good albums, and 3 of the best black metal albums ever.
Someone then replied saying that out of those 3 only the Shadowthrone was actually black metal. I don't see how this statement is true, here is my reply:

Ok Explain to me how Dark Medieval Times is NOT black metal? If anything I definately think that it is more black metal than the Shadowthrone. Shadowthrone lacks the more minimalistic value that DMT does. DMT has rawer production with a much colder and necro sound. While Shadowthrone is also lacking overall in the agression of black metal. Can you honestly listen to tracks like Vikingland and tell me that that is black metal? More like an attempt at Viking metal to me (and no, not just because of the name). Shadowthrone lacks blast beats (not that they are detrimental to the music, this aspect seems to give it a more typical rock or metal feel, compared to DMT which has much more agression in the drumming). I defended you in a recent thread on a similar subject, but really this is pretty silly. If anything I would say that in order of "black metalness" they would be DMT, Shadowthrone, and Nemesis Divina.

Pretty simple argument, just looking for opinions on what you guys think...