Savatage 25th Anniversary!!

savabich2

Aug 9, 2005
Savatage 25th Anniversary!!

YES!! It's finally going to happen. There's going to be some kind of all star line-up bringing back all former members from what I've heard, a live DVD- the works.

Unfortunately it's going to be the last bang for the guys according to Oliva who is content with his new band and the label/ management's refusal to return to Savatage in light of all of TSO's success.

Does anyone have a link to the interview John did on this, I read it once and can't find it anywhere.

He said something about out of respect to the fans he wasn't calling his new band Savatage.

How about respect to his BAND that he not call JOP Savatage?

That sounds like... well it sounds like KISS putting make-up on other dudes and still going out there.

Messed up if you ask me but I am still out of my mnd excited at the prospect of getting to see Savatage one last time.

savabich2 said:
Unfortunately it's going to be the last bang for the guys according to Oliva who is content with his new band and the label/ management's refusal to return to Savatage in light of all of TSO's success.
Awesome and sad at the same time. TSO commercial success will never amount to success of having the truely dedicated fan base that loves you for what you do (and have always done) best ... and with the people that you do it best. That said I understand that a dedicated fan base is not always enough to pay the bills and make the artists happy. Either way, I'm not missing that show whenever it happens.

savabich2 said:
That sounds like... well it sounds like KISS putting make-up on other dudes and still going out there.
Kiss wouldn't be so bad if they would get Eric Singer back and let him wear his own make-up (like he used to) and give the new guy (Tommy?), who replaced Ace, his own make-up. But that's not the vintage image that makes Gene Simmons the greedy (rich) bastard he is. :lol: Sorry, I just had to say it.

VenomGA said:
I smell a Progpower 8 EXCLUSIVE appearance from Savatage

I'm with you Venom! :headbang: :kickass: I'm ready to buy my ticket now if Glenn does that! :lol: Again, that's the one band that would bring me to Atlanta over any other! Glenn could line up a bunch of garage bands from Fulton County and I'd still be there if an actual Savatage reunion was to take place! :headbang: :kickass:

edgeofthorns said:
I'm with you Venom! :headbang: :kickass: I'm ready to buy my ticket now if Glenn does that! :lol: Again, that's the one band that would bring me to Atlanta over any other! Glenn could line up a bunch of garage bands from Fulton County and I'd still be there if an actual Savatage reunion was to take place! :headbang: :kickass:
I agree. I loved the WOMD show, but I want a full on Savatage reunion show with everyone coming on stage and playing their parts from past songs (well everyone but Criss:cry: )

Why didn't you at least have Caffery down this year?

I read that he did a boatload of 'Tage over in Spain with Dr. Killdrums.

savabich2 said:
Why didn't you at least have Caffery down this year?

I read that he did a boatload of 'Tage over in Spain with Dr. Killdrums.
that would be sweet!!!:headbang:

Glen, lol?

crickets***

hey, did any one here see the Savatage Convention in '99?

I was going through some old pix and got to feeling nostalgic, brought back good memories of local favs like Zandelle, October Thorns and Gothick Knights.

Anyone else remember these guys? Friggin' L'Amours closing ruined the whole scene for me.