Savatage 25th Anniversary!!

savabich2

Aug 9, 2005
Savatage 25th Anniversary!!

YES!! It's finally going to happen. There's going to be some kind of all star line-up bringing back all former members from what I've heard, a live DVD- the works.

Unfortunately it's going to be the last bang for the guys according to Oliva who is content with his new band and the label/ management's refusal to return to Savatage in light of all of TSO's success.

Does anyone have a link to the interview John did on this, I read it once and can't find it anywhere.

He said something about out of respect to the fans he wasn't calling his new band Savatage.

How about respect to his BAND that he not call JOP Savatage?

That sounds like... well it sounds like KISS putting make-up on other dudes and still going out there.

Messed up if you ask me but I am still out of my mnd excited at the prospect of getting to see Savatage one last time.

Savatage is a freakin' amazing band, and I'm glad I got into them when I did. It's sad that there won't be any new material from them anymore, but I guess they gotta move on.

I've met Johnny and Al at the TSO shows. They're great guys.

The Wake of Magellan -> :worship:

Did anyone catch the Savacon Convention back in '99?

I saw some of the best Brooklyn metal bands. October Thorns did a set of covers and did "Chance" which totally blew me away. The whole band swept the talent competition and Dave Z got discovered to play with TSO. Zandelle was there and did "Gutter Ballet". Gothic Knights played, it was insane.

I really wish they could have kept that thing going.

savabich2 said:
Does anyone have a link to the interview John did on this, I read it once and can't find it anywhere.

Here's the only thing I found as far as Jon mentioning it..

http://phantomphotography.com/I_JonOliva.html

Zach mentions being asked about it at http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/03/16/121758.php

So far it seems to be just 'something we'd like to do' & 'we're talking about it'..I imagine it'll be something that gets more discussion once the 'TSO season' is over in a couple of months. We'll see if anything comes of it..

savabich2 said:
Did anyone catch the Savacon Convention back in '99?

I saw some of the best Brooklyn metal bands. October Thorns did a set of covers and did "Chance" which totally blew me away. The whole band swept the talent competition and Dave Z got discovered to play with TSO. Zandelle was there and did "Gutter Ballet". Gothic Knights played, it was insane.

I really wish they could have kept that thing going.

Yup I was there when those local bands DESTROYED the sava tunes. It was such a disaster, I felt embarrassed FOR them.