Save Ne Obliviscaris!

poor benji :( fuckin tough break dude
have you guys thought of trying for another visa type with less onerous requirements? the criteria for distinguished talent sound very discretionary, might be hard to appeal from.
a bunch of my friends faced the prospect of having to leave the country after finishing their law degrees earlier this year, govt is making it very hard to migrate here right now.

Best of luck guys, I only started listening to your stuff recently (Be'lakor put me on to you guys :p) and I'm truly impressed; it seems that our little Australia has a lot of hidden talent! I've signed the petition, hopefully it works...

And Incarnate, that is an amazing picture XD

poor benji :( fuckin tough break dude
have you guys thought of trying for another visa type with less onerous requirements? the criteria for distinguished talent sound very discretionary, might be hard to appeal from.
a bunch of my friends faced the prospect of having to leave the country after finishing their law degrees earlier this year, govt is making it very hard to migrate here right now.

This visa cost $3000 to apply for in the first place, and another visa would cost a similar amount of money that we just don't have. The appeal is costing $1400, but if we win we get that back...

We made the decision to go for this visa back when the GFC was in full swing, and we had no options for a full time work sponsor, and even then you aren't guaranteed a work visa unless you're doing something Aus needs, and music is the thing Benji is best at.

We'll definitely do all we can, and hopefully things work out in the end..

Finally got around to writing and sending the letter. If you need me to change anything or spot any typos or find any bits that ramble on too much or don't really make sense, then give us a hoy and I'll rewrite it and resend a new, less incoherent version.

Dunno know why I typed 'mitigation' instead of 'migration' in that other post. I'll blame autocorrect.

This is some real fucking bullshit. You aren't an exceptional band if you don't tour with Metallica or Iron Maiden? This is stupid
I signed the petition already; if there's anything else that can be done, let us know...