Saw DIO in concert last night!!

That's why Dio shows are always worth going, since the band always spices up the setlist with old and forgotten treasures on every tour. You can feel they're really into digging the old gems from their grave and surprise the fans.

Bands like Maiden should learn from Ronnie & Co...

Fangface said:
Bands like Maiden should learn from Ronnie & Co...

Lots of bands old and new should learn actually. How can explain a vocalist of 64, a bass player of 56 and the rest way over 40 playing with the same energy they had when they started in business?

They went totally for the fans they never permeated any of their trouble to the audience, they consciuosly gave their best and yes they know how to spice the show with surprises.

It doesn't matter if you love or simply like their music, the show is a class act in metal, what old school is all about.

NP: Benedictum - 'Benedictum'

Bryant said:
The first time I saw Dio (with Dokken opening) was "The Last in Line" tour. He didn't play it at the show I went to. I certainly couldn't name his setlist as it has been so many years back, but "Gypsy" was also my second fave Dio song back then as well, so I do remember him NOT doing that one. Seems strange though. Maybe Ronnie himself doesn't care for the song. I know he doesn't like "Rainbow in the Dark" very much.

Bryant
As I said, I could very well not remeber correctly, as that was many years and many brain cells ago.:zombie: I do remember seeing him play Gypsy live, and thought it was that tour.

Yeah, Gypsy rules, for those chiming in on that here. I have nothing but respect for RJD. The truth is, after The Last In Line it gets a bit spotty, but if you count Rainbow, Black Sabbath, and the early Dio....well, that's more amazing records than fans have a right too! Ha. And even though I am sincere in my estimation of the spotty nature of the later stuff, it is still all at least respectable, and he's trying, and true to himself, and on and on. One of the least sullied (and longest) careers in metal. And, I might add, one of the few early pioneers who doesn't bristle up his skin when somebody has the audacity to refer to his music as metal. A class act all the way.

Walter_Langkowski said:
Which bass player is 56? Rudy Sarzo? I thought he was a little younger...

Well he DOES look younger (a couple of girls here were drooling over him) but he's from 1950 so... :)

NP: Doro - 'Haunted Heart'