Saw Helloween tonight

Iced In Flames

Shredderite
Jan 26, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
Opener was good. Beyond The Embrace. Kinda In flames sounding. 3 Guitarists. Impressed me more than I thought they would.

Panzer was late :(
They only got to play 3 songs before giving the stage to Helloween. they were stuck in traffic.

Helloween put on an awesome show. andi is quite a good frontman. Their new guitarist Sascha is kinda weird. He's too stiff on stage and he looks like he aint all there. Band seemed like they had fun. I dont really expect to see them back here anytime soon tho.

Hung out with Mark and Panzer after the show. Mark of course knew me. Harry and Rikard also remembered me as well. Knew my friend who went too. Gonna be cool seeing Chris in another month with Nevermore.

I can tell sascha brought with him new life. The band seemed very happy and were doing stupid things and making jokes all night. Plus the song writing is a bit different. Has a darker edgier vibe with the stuff Sascha wrote. Like Open Your Life.

I`ll be going to see this show Sunday night in NYC. Me and Golden Goose will be leaving the Jets vs Bills game a bit early to beat the insane traffic around here. Basically going to see Mark and the guys jam. I know nothing of Helloween and may, or may not, stick around for them? I hope Jag Panzer remembers to leave early? NYC traffic is totally fucked! We may also be meeting up w/JP @ The Bellevue Bar in Hell`s Kitchen section for some pre-gig amusements!

Yeah they moved 10 miles in 2 1/2 hours. NY traffic may suck but chicagos is worse. As they say chicagoans know their seasons. Winter and Road Construction. And it sure as hell aint winter yet.

I hope Panzer get there in time. they only got to play Fates Triumph, Black and Iron Eagle. I still wanna hear King At A Price!!!!

I think you might dig Helloween Ray. Their an old school metal band thats been around as long as Maiden really. I will say this. On their cds the sound is kinda weak but live its fuckin heavy. I'd definitly say they were heavier than Maiden.

I saw this package last Saturday and I was thoroughly impressed with Helloween. They acted as if they totally enjoyed being on stage and playing music. I have never seen so many smiles, jumping up and down and engaging with the crowd as Helloween did. Plus the set list was everything I could have hoped for with a great mix of the old and new, I could have used I Want Out but its ok. Having them play for just about 2 hours was great and it just may have been a better show for me than the latest Maiden shows.