Saw YES live in concert last night...

NFU

I like pie.
Jan 9, 2002
Southern California
www.myspace.com
For those of you who are Yes fans, i saw them last night and thought i would post a review/description.

Arrohead pond of anaheim california 4/20/2004 8:00 p.m.
Yes - 35th anniversary tour

They cut off half the arena, and so it was only about a 5000 person seatage for this. They hung crystal chandeliers and rolled out red carpets. It was a very intimate setting. The stage was set up in elaborate light and effect orientated theatrical backdrops and props shaped and colored like the famous Roger Dean artwork found on most (and the best) yes albums.

they played an hour and 20 minute set of rock tunes

45 minute acoustic set

then another hour and 20 minute rock set

followed by a 2 song encore.

im going to list the songs i remember them playing, i know ill forget a few...this wont be in exact order either:

Going for the one
yours is no disgrace
and you and i
soon (excerpt from gates of delerium)
long distance runaround
roundabout (acoustic set version)
the clap (acoustic set)
the ritual
drum jam
keyboard/guitar duel
bass solo...bass/keyboard jam
Turn of the century
wonderous stories (acoustic set version)
your move/ive seen all good people...
sweet dreams

conclusion: the concert was absolutley amazing....life changing.

let me know if you have any questions, id be happy to share all the cool moments and events.

Yea, since you are the 1000st person to say how amazing Yes are, give me a recommendation for an album to start with. :)

This thread is making me want to give Yes another try! I haven't listened to them in a couple of years, I think I gave them a try based on Mikael's suggestion and that of my father, but I wasn't really into that kind of thing back then... so someday soon I'll give these prog legends another listen.

AWESOME!

i just got into Yes about a month ago, "Fragile" is the only CD i've got so far....they're playing not too far from me on May 1st....my dad wants to go ..lol....

if you praise their concert that highly, i just may have to go!

Fragile is a great fucking album. Although I think I like Tormato a little better.
On a side note here, anybody else think that Lars Nedlund(keys/vocals for Solefald) sounds like a dead-on Jon Anderson imitator?

LordHypnos said:
And opeth loves Yes. And Yes is better than Opeth. I win. You lose.

Well, I don't want to read a concert review about another band on Opeths page. Can't you understand that?

BTW: If you like Yes better, why don't you post it on their forum, if they have one. Or another forum with general music. Just because Opeth are like fans of Yes, does not make it very Opeth-related. I have never heard of this "major" Yes-influence anyway.

Yes is a cool band. I first saw them on the Drama tour in 1980 and have seen several shows since then. The Yes Album, Fragile, Close to the Edge, Relayer, and Going for the One are all great. Drama is pretty interesting too, as is Tales. One of the most amazing things about Yes to my ears is the fact that Jon Anderson sings better now than he did in 1972. It's hard to believe, given that many singers' voices change over the years, and usually not for the better, but not Anderson. The great thing about this tour, and those of the past couple of years, is that they feature a classic lineup. The Trevor Rabin (guitarist, songwriter) years in the 80's and early 90's are forgettable IMO.

Thanks for the suggestions. I bought Fragile and Close to the edge and am slowly getting into them. It sounds very promising!

i wanted to see em.. they were here in san diego man they charged like 75 bucks for the cheapest tix