saxon new studio album

saxon747rock

Oct 19, 2003
york
Visit site
Biff said that saxon will be going into the studio bout jan/feb time 2006, to record the new studio album, i am hopeing that they run to the same type of lines as the Lionheart album as in more up tempo songs on the album like lionheart, 3 or 4 whatever key changes in there songs, and the same production as Lionheart which for me was there best album to date.

what type of album, or what are you other fans hopeing to look for on there next studio album.

Well, I hope for classic Saxon album like Solid Ball of Rock or Power and the Glory. Killer riffs, heavy drums and bass...and the same fantastic Biff´s work...I can say + England - Germany Heavy Metal:headbang:

Saxon never disapointed me:worship:

^
Degas, you beat me too it:hotjump:

i'd like to hear something along the lines of Power And The Glory but to be honest, I'm VERY HAPPY that SAXON are still recording and touring which is awesome!

I wonder though, if they're going into the studio in the months of Jan/Feb I wonder if they'll have time or desire to travel back to the states in support of Lionheart?

At least as of now we have the hopes of a tour & a new release:cool:

A new album would be nice.. but please do not hurry..but that bonus CD with (maybe) few new written songs on it (just a suggestion)would be good enough for me.. And maybe a New DVD next year 2006 and then in 2007 a whole new album?? And of course gigs in the USA and Canada and in Finland, Brasil etc..

Degas said:
Well, I hope for classic Saxon album like Solid Ball of Rock or Power and the Glory. Killer riffs, heavy drums and bass...and the same fantastic Biff´s work...I can say + England - Germany Heavy Metal:headbang:

Saxon never disapointed me:worship:

I'll go with this, too.

If its anything like the last 16 studio albums, i will be very happy indeed :D

saxonfan said:
If they are in the studio,the Lionheart tour is over..Maybe next album...

I got to agree with Saxonfan. It seems strange that Biff said that Saxon were touring in March, yet they are meant to be in the studio recording the new album in January/February. I can't see how it is all going to tie in. Still, we will wait and see!

In my opinion I think they will do this re-release of Lionheart, which won't / shouldn't take too much band involvement, do the gigs in US, some summer European festivals (Bloodstock anyone???) and then hit the studio in the Autumn.

The alternative plan to this is keep the US dates, cancel them at the last minute because they are recording a new album, cause two weeks of "Keyboard warfare" between the UK and the US fans. Which will make both sets of fans realise that Council Housing is indeed the future, we will all burn our albums in the first global "Saxon Forum" gathering (held somewhere neutral like Kabul?), followed by a jolly good punch up while discussing the benefits of TV evangelism :devil: :lol:

Personally I'd like to see Saxon go in a radical new direction. Seeing as it is the 21st century, how about introducing phat beats, drum machines and rap style vocals into the mix. I'd also like to see Biff in some kind of tracksuit, wearing a baseball cap backwards.

Well wicked!!!

:tickled:

Fingers said:
In my opinion I think they will do this re-release of Lionheart, which won't / shouldn't take too much band involvement, do the gigs in US, some summer European festivals (Bloodstock anyone???) and then hit the studio in the Autumn.

The alternative plan to this is keep the US dates, cancel them at the last minute because they are recording a new album, cause two weeks of "Keyboard warfare" between the UK and the US fans. Which will make both sets of fans realise that Council Housing is indeed the future, we will all burn our albums in the first global "Saxon Forum" gathering (held somewhere neutral like Kabul?), followed by a jolly good punch up while discussing the benefits of TV evangelism :devil: :lol:

Fingers,

Count me in!

DirtySanchez said:
Personally I'd like to see Saxon go in a radical new direction. Seeing as it is the 21st century, how about introducing phat beats, drum machines and rap style vocals into the mix. I'd also like to see Biff in some kind of tracksuit, wearing a baseball cap backwards.
Well wicked!!!

Well, if they did that Saxon might have a number 1 hit single, and the video would be on mtv all the time, and Saxon would make shit loads of money etc..............

:ill: Noooooooooo :yuk:

Forget that!! Can we have a Lionheart part 2 mixed with a bit of Unleash The Beast part 2 kind of thing for the next album. Cheers
icon_boozer.gif

Fingers said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's hilarious Fingers and probably the funniest thing I've read on here - 10 out of 10!!.

I'm not sure though, I doubt very much if Saxon can be in the studio recording new album and be touring round about the same time as well - I think I'd much rather see them in concert in March again and then maybe have the album out in the summer or thereabouts and I don't really care what it sounds like cos it'll be Saxon and it will be tremendous as usual:headbang: :headbang: .

Fingers said:

I like the sound of your Plan B Fingers! :lol:

:worship: I just hope it is as good as the rest of saxon i would hate it if they bought out some crapbut hopefully it is as good as the rest:worship: