great pix :headbang:

you must have had lots of fun

it´s
1161036126217wy5.jpg

i can recognise saxonmckenz sammy and fingers

who´s the guy without hair ?

and wtf is the long haired guy with the painful shirt in your middle ? :saint:

well i think even that´s enuff for heavy neck-ache :headbang:

did you ask someone in your rottweiler-interviews :lol: if they bring the eagle often on this tour ?

(i know matjes hates this huge piece of fire-spitting monster-metal-wind-up-toy but i hope he has to assemble this very often on this tour. sorry to matjes for my last sentence :lol: )

but most people love the eagle somehow :saint:

(me included)

did you ask someone in your rottweiler-interviews :lol: if they bring the eagle often on this tour ?

(i know matjes hates this huge piece of fire-spitting monster-metal-wind-up-toy but i hope he has to assemble this very often on this tour. sorry to matjes for my last sentence :lol: )

:lol: I don't think anyone did ask that question, Saxonator...but, yes, let's hope they do take it on tour :headbang:

One gripe about the limited edition T-shirt ,do they think that Saxon fans are all anorexic ,what about some decent sizes for us ageing fat bastards........

dont be ridiculous, on the internet nearly all designs are XL MINIMUM, i cant wear a saxon shirt without looking like a bit of a tit

Also, according to the people sitting around me - " Who the fuck is that twat holding up his jacket all night?" Hmm, yes, I thought so too. Wouldn't have been so bad if the painting on the back had been fantastic, it was pretty average, certainly not worth holding up for half the show. Maybe that's why the band judiciously avoided it!

If that's the jacket I think you're talking about, he'd had it signed by the band

dont be ridiculous, on the internet nearly all designs are XL MINIMUM, i cant wear a saxon shirt without looking like a bit of a tit

Aye, I can't see the sleeves lasting long on this shirt

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Well, I for one, am very glad that he did! I didn't fancy being restricted by seating for the whole gig, I definitely wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much as I did, if I'd had to stay where I was.

He he, yep, well I did see a nice security guard offering you a seat upstairs where you could see! (And you declining!)
Apparently, he is a new fella, and is not yet fully used to how Saxon should sound :)

No excuse, I'm afraid. Saxon aren't a 53 piece African tribal orchestra with complex arrangements, they are a 5 piece rock band, if he can't handle that, he shouldn't be anywhere near FOH. He should be running around fetching cups of tea. Even my Mum would have identified that there was very little guitar in the mix, deduced that a HM band with 2 guitarists probably actually needed LOTS of guitar, and then done something about it, or asked somebody who could, to sort it out! He wasn't fighting a bad room, he just sat on it like a lemon. I'll bet a pound to a pinch of shit he was wearing earplugs.

There are plenty of really talented engineers out there, guys who can pull together really loose mixes in nasty caverns and make it sound respectable. Now and again you get shite venues or have problems with acoustics or kit, but Sheffield City Hall is a long established standard venue. He should have been able to handle it. Sack him - NOW!!! Don't drag him on tour and let him fuck that up too, he had his chance and blew it, in an embarrassingly huge way.

If that's the jacket I think you're talking about, he'd had it signed by the band

During the show? Erm, noooooooo, the band had other things to think about between 8.30 and 10.30pm. Must have had it signed earlier. So what was he doing waving it around? Reminding the band that they could write? Drying off the ink? Trying to tell Biff he spits when he sings?

Maybe it's like this : You have a few drinks, think you're the life and soul, and that you're having a great night, you're obviously the band's No1 fan (today), hey, why not wave your jacket around so that everyone can see what a hero you are? Everyone else thinks you are an annoying prick. Better he drinks orange juice next time!

Thought the same where was the guitars in the mix way down low, The support band had a better mix on there sound then saxon had.

Biffs vocals where spot on, plus i loved the sound of the new tracks kicked arse live, cant wait to hear em on the new album.

No excuse, I'm afraid.

Well, I'm not gonna defend the chap in question - it's something I really know nothing about - but we were told that he is new to the Saxon entourage, and that he isn't used to their sound yet...or words to that effect, anyway!

Yep, that Security fella did say I could go on the Balcony (which was very nice of him, really, he probably thought he'd be doing me a favour :) )...but I could see - I just didn't want to be standing there, at my seat, I wanted to be down the front!! :D Sometimes, (but not often!!!!! :( ), being small has some advantages, and people take the fact into consideration - other people think "balls to you, I'm alright Jack" :cry:

So I take it you were behind us then? You should have come and said hello! Or maybe that's why you didn't come and say hello? :D

During the show? Erm, noooooooo, the band had other things to think about between 8.30 and 10.30pm. Must have had it signed earlier.

I think that jacket belongs to Saxonmckenz - but I think his friend was wearing it at the time, so maybe he was waving it about! He was the young fella that jumped on the stage, then off again - and this was his first ever Saxon gig :) The jacket would have been signed AGES ago. Saxonmckenz is a really nice fella, we've met him loads of times now, and yes, he is a real character and full of energy! While I realise he may not be everyones cup of tea, there is never a dull moment when he is around, that's for sure! :headbang: But, each to his own - it would be a boring world if we were all the same and liked all the same things/people, etc.

Whoah that was a great little gig. As pointed out however, the FOH sound was terrible. Most of the time it was vocals & drums with the guitars only audible during the solos. But, i made the most of things & still enjoyed the night.
Having so many songs,some old personal faves were ommited,but, it was a nice balanced set.
Was interesting to hear Biff say that "Metal Head" is the highest selling back catalogue album. Wasnt aware of that & it truely suprised me. (Its a good thing aswell, cos it proves Saxon are not just a band relying on their 80s success & are still popular...with the Metalheads ;-) )

Thought it was funny when Biff said no more air guitar promo taking the piss,then quickly (kind of) backtracked thanking the people who took part ;-)

Most surreal moment for us was arriving back to the hotel around 1am,the band got in the lift just before us. Didnt bother trying to gatecrash the little thing in the bar though.

Now looking forward to the gigs at Rock City & Paradiso....

Oh yeah, what about Harvey Goldsmith saying "Saxon for Donington" ????

Didnt bother trying to gatecrash the little thing in the bar though.

Ooh, you bitch! :lol: We didn't "gatecrash" it either. Like I said, we were just having a drink in the Reception area, and one of the girls from the film crew said we could join them - we didn't even know that the band were going to be there, as one of the crew said the band were staying out of town! Them turning up was a bonus, we just wanted another drink!! :) We just chatted to the band, and didn't make a nuisance of ourselves (I hope not, anyway!) - I could have gone up to my room and got a film for the camera, and insisted on taking loads of pics - but we respected the fact that the band were "off duty" and wanted to relax, and didn't make any demands on their time whatsoever :)

This is to the assmaster. I APOLOGISE if i offended you during the gig but it was by no means intentional. Once again i say sorry for i blocked some of your view of the band.

However, i dont think that it gives you the right to call someone a twat and a prick who you have never met.

Plus if you don't like the painting on the jacket, that's your opinion. I'm sure that their is something that you own that someone could slag off, if not even yourself. The reason i was holding the jacket up was for my friend who painted it. She is not very well and if it got shown on TV it might cheer her up.

If you meet me and don't like me or i have wronged you in the past then their is a justice in your view.

And if i want to go on the stage + hang onto Biff like a little girl fan then surely it is upto me. Everyone is different and the last time i looked this was a free country. Yeh and i admit it i was a camera hore. If thats not you well done but during the night i was. Each to their own. Plus i do like looking behind me to see what the rest of the crowd is doing.

But maybe your a better man than me by the sounds of things.

Cheers for sticking up for me Sammi. You HAVE met me & know that i am loud but respectful. Was good meeting Goss again-CHEERs for looking after my stuff in the rock club. Was also good to meet fingers, wilks, midnightrider & friend and the sheffield couple. Good to see you too PAX pity you were pissed at 7pm

The sound was not 100%, yes the guitars needed cranking. Good set, liked the new stuff.

It was good to chat to Fingers and Wilks, and meet Pax, Sammi and Brett! Hey Wilks you had me in stitches, like your sense of humour, regarding Peterborough people. For the record I’m not from East Anglia! Born and bred in Yorkshire and proud of it! So I have eight fingers and two thumbs:lol:

Took my fourteen-year-old son to this gig, he likes Foo Fighters, My Chemical Romance etc! He came away loving Saxon, had a great night. It was special for me because I was fourteen when I first saw Saxon so to take my son a next generation on, was cool! The seating sucked but I decided to stay where I was because of my son’s first gig!

I'll be down the front at the Astoria , Rock City, and Dublin gigs!!