Say something positive about a thing you hate

Olórin

Manji
Oct 16, 2002
Sweden
Visit site
Ok, this is my first own thread at UM.

I've been a lurker, posting allmost nothing, but I want to change that.

So here's what I thought: We all hate stuff, right?
Now, if you could think of anything positive about that thing, what would it be?

Now, post away!

okay,
i hate this thread, but i think the idea is fresh and imaginative.

wow, thats two things! yay.

okay, seriously though, um... i hate toilet water, but it does makes a nice sound when you piss in it...you gotta love that sound.

Azogue said:
I actually like GreatPhoenix, but my grammar sucks.

And I completely lost interest in this thread and the internet, but I'm still posting this poo.

H4RH4R!1! terminal case of UM addiction :cool:

I hate the military, those who join, but especially those in command, I’ll spare the rant. Yet, at the same time I fully realize that without their protection I probably wouldn’t be in my current position. The military is the ultimate double-edged sword for my conscience. As with any military the United States has a bloody track record, but when their actions protect my freedom, I’m grateful, and for that I sometimes feel selfish, not cause of my military, because more than likely they offered their actions, but towards the people that were inconvenienced in the process if it was not deserved. Again, there are many actions in my military’s history that I loathe, but when they “get it right” I’m grateful. Perhaps in some eyes that makes me a hypocrite, but I’d like to think of it more as constructive criticism.

I hate waiting for this chick who's supposed to call you to call you, but then its actually kinda good because then when she finally does call I feel like I just creamed in my pants after not executing a manual override in near a week.

er, wait, maybe I just did cream my pants.... :err:

I really hate the idea of ‘file sharing’. This has always been a problem for me because I do use this medium as a way of discovering plenty of bands. I’d say nearly 50% of the bands I listen to now are because of ‘file sharing’. I don’t feel word of mouth or print are very reliable recommendations for me to spend my hard earned money on a disc that I may listen to once and then just collect dust in the corner. I often find myself struggling with this because, no matter how miniscule, I feel it is theft. At times, I feel like a hypocrite, but I feel that I generally follow my own guidelines well enough to remain ethical. If people were honest and used it to only check out bands and not to pirate whole albums, I would have no problem with it. This, though, is not feasible. I know I will probably come under scrutiny being a hub op and what not, but this is how I feel on the matter. I’d just like state that I do think a band should have complete control over their music. It’s their creation, not yours, so it’s not up to you to dictate what is done with it. If an artist doesn’t want their music being taken for free, I support that. Honestly, if you like a band, you should support them by buying their album, it’s that simple. If you do download complete albums and never plan on buying it, shame on you. It’s people that do this that ruin music.

I hate coffee mugs. Even the big ones are too small unless they're those giant thermos things. The lip of my small big coffee mug is too rounded, so the coffee always overflows and gets everywhere.

But a good thing: I'm drinking coffee.