Scandinavia?

Apart from being allowed to be there (thank you for that;)), I agree with you that Swedes wouldn't see me as a Swede, not because they are stubborn or not, but mainly because I'm Spanish, I'm not blonde and I haven't blue eyes. But I'm absolutely sure that most of Swedes wouldn't look me down because of the fact that I'm a foreign girl. Hej da!

You'd be allowed to be here, but im not sure they'd see you as a swede, Have to be born here for that, Our pride can make us stubborn sometimes :p

It's pretty hard to find a job there as a foreigner. You can get permanent residence there under certain circumstances. One of the easiest ways is to be in a relationship with someone from there. Since you're in the EU, it won't be so hard, but for me, it will be. :(

I'm workin on it though. I heard Sweden needs teachers. I just need to find out what kind of teachers they need and what the requirements to teach there are.

One of the easiest ways is to be in a relationship with someone from there.

It would be pretty sick and fuct up to date a Swede just for the sake of moving to Sweden. :ill: Although there are plenty of sham marriages that are just based on getting a citizenship.

I've learned that people tend not to realize that living somewhere comparing to visiting a place is very different. When you're in a different country as a tourist, it's fun, you don't have to worry about much. But when you're a resident, you have to worry about shit like where you're going to live, looking for a job and making new friends. There are hidden crappy things about a place you don't find out till you're actually living there.

For instance, if you want to rent a place to live in Stockholm, you have to get into a queue and I think the average is 11 years of waiting. I have friends who don't know where they're going to live in 6 months. It's not like they don't have money for rent, there's just no availability.

Why would anyone living in a fairly rich country like Spain want to leave and become something else than their natural heritage, spanish.. ?

I'd like to visit scandinavia, I would happilly live their if I happen to get a job opportunity (but i'm not going to get out of my way to move their).. but hell I wouldn't care to get a piece of paper which tells me i'm swedish or norwegian. They don't mean anything and I'll know that I'm not swedish/norwegian, whatever the law says about it...

It would be pretty sick and fuct up to date a Swede just for the sake of moving to Sweden. :ill: Although there are plenty of sham marriages that are just based on getting a citizenship.

It depends on the circumstances. If you have no intention of staying with said Swede after you get your permanent residence, then yes, it's fucked up. If you've got friends that will say you're together(as is my case, but I declined because I'm married)so that you can have legal permanent residence there, than that is okay, imo. Also sometimes people arrange things for whatever reason. But I agree. Leading someone on for your benefit is a fucked up thing to do.

I've learned that people tend not to realize that living somewhere comparing to visiting a place is very different. When you're in a different country as a tourist, it's fun, you don't have to worry about much. But when you're a resident, you have to worry about shit like where you're going to live, looking for a job and making new friends. There are hidden crappy things about a place you don't find out till you're actually living there.

It really depends on the circumstances.

For instance, if you want to rent a place to live in Stockholm, you have to get into a queue and I think the average is 11 years of waiting. I have friends who don't know where they're going to live in 6 months. It's not like they don't have money for rent, there's just no availability.

Yea. Having a family myself, I would never put them in a position to not be stable.

Possibility of me hitting Iceland and Denmark this year, not sure if I'll get to go anywhere else. Of course, Sweden isn't real far from Kopenhagen, I think there's a bridge and all now.

I really hope you find a good job there as a teacher and that you achieve to do what you wish. I understand you perfectly well, when you're years and years with that feeling: you know what you want to do, you know where you want to live, you love that country, but you don't know how to manage it because is not so easy as it seems.
If not, as Tyra said, Canada is also in need of teachers, so there is another option of future there;):)
I wish you get what you are looking for.

It's pretty hard to find a job there as a foreigner. You can get permanent residence there under certain circumstances. One of the easiest ways is to be in a relationship with someone from there. Since you're in the EU, it won't be so hard, but for me, it will be. :(

I'm workin on it though. I heard Sweden needs teachers. I just need to find out what kind of teachers they need and what the requirements to teach there are.

Spain is not a so rich country as some people think. At all. If you think in flats, houses and so on, in fact, prices are more or less the same as in the rest of Europe, but salarys are far more little than in the rest of the continent. I don't mean a little difference of salarys, I mean that we earn less than a half of the salary of any european country that you choose. So if the price of a flat is the same in Spain than in, for example, Germany, and the salary of a German is two or three times higher than the salary of a Spanish... I don't know if you know what I mean, but the problem/difference is clear.

Sometimes your natural heritage is not the best think to be surrounded by. Sometimes you are born in a place that you don't recognise as yours because the general way of understanding life is not the same as yours, and, in general, the way many people has been educated makes you think that they don't understand a word you're saying. Sometimes you are speaking with someone and you think: ok, 2 options: or I've been talking unconciously in another language or you and me come from different planets.

When I said that I would like to be one more of them, one more Swede, I didn't want to say that I would like to get Swedish nacionality. I was born in Barcelona and I've been educated here: I am Spanish. But if I have to change the nationality because it's necessary, I would do it. As you said, a piece of paper is not important. I said that I would like to be considered as a Swede with the intention that if I go there, I have to speak their language, learn the Swedish way of living life, learn their history, understand why they think like this and why they do things like that. Feel myself part of the country. Because if someone goes to a country and doesn't feel that is a part of it and is not able to get used to their way of life, I think is better to come back to the place she/he comes from.

Why would anyone living in a fairly rich country like Spain want to leave and become something else than their natural heritage, spanish.. ?

I'd like to visit scandinavia, I would happilly live their if I happen to get a job opportunity (but i'm not going to get out of my way to move their).. but hell I wouldn't care to get a piece of paper which tells me i'm swedish or norwegian. They don't mean anything and I'll know that I'm not swedish/norwegian, whatever the law says about it...

All kinds of teachers, so you wouldn't have problems whit that, or you could just get your self a swede ;D

Not alot of foreign people show that respect to our ways here, few years ago we couldn't have our own flags out becuse it was seen as rasism, But after alot of fighting and angry mobs it has become better, But its still there, and i fucking hate it, This is sweden we have our own ways :/

Spain is not a so rich country as some people think. At all. If you think in flats, houses and so on, in fact, prices are more or less the same as in the rest of Europe, but salarys are far more little than in the rest of the continent. I don't mean a little difference of salarys, I mean that we earn less than a half of the salary of any european country that you choose. So if the price of a flat is the same in Spain than in, for example, Germany, and the salary of a German is two or three times higher than the salary of a Spanish... I don't know if you know what I mean, but the problem/difference is clear.

Sometimes your natural heritage is not the best think to be surrounded by. Sometimes you are born in a place that you don't recognise as yours because the general way of understanding life is not the same as yours, and, in general, the way many people has been educated makes you think that they don't understand a word you're saying. Sometimes you are speaking with someone and you think: ok, 2 options: or I've been talking unconciously in another language or you and me come from different planets.

When I said that I would like to be one more of them, one more Swede, I didn't want to say that I would like to get Swedish nacionality. I was born in Barcelona and I've been educated here: I am Spanish. But if I have to change the nationality because it's necessary, I would do it. As you said, a piece of paper is not important. I said that I would like to be considered as a Swede with the intention that if I go there, I have to speak their language, learn the Swedish way of living life, learn their history, understand why they think like this and why they do things like that. Feel myself part of the country. Because if someone goes to a country and doesn't feel that is a part of it and is not able to get used to their way of life, I think is better to come back to the place she/he comes from.

And thats what is causing the problems here, People from foreign countries think their ways still is what they should follow, And becuse of it the Nazis are gaining more and more influence, becuse people are getting sick and tierd of being a foriegner in their own land..

Yeah, I remember the pictures you posted :lol:

Cheating myself:
Born and living in Sweden.

Also:
Been to Finland and Denmark far more times than I can remember.
Only been to Norway once for some reason.

yes, those were very inspirational pics/sceenary for sure ;), still viewable somewhere on this forum

here is us in Stockholm's Old Town somewhere I think
Europe2006056.jpg

I used to live in Stockholm, stood in line for about 2 years and had no problem getting a rental contract after that.

These days when you need to pay to be in the line I'm guessing the time would be even shorter.

All depends on where you want to live though, of course, my place was Fagersjö. I know plenty of people that say "I'll never in my life live outside Slussarna" then you need to deal with the carp you mention of course.

And then you can always buy a place to live.

Possibility of me hitting Iceland and Denmark this year, not sure if I'll get to go anywhere else. Of course, Sweden isn't real far from Kopenhagen, I think there's a bridge and all now.

Not difficult at all no.

If you drive, you've got the bridge from Copenhagen.

There are also trains and busses for a fairly low price.

Taking aplane is usually not very expensive and they have many departures each day.

Example:
Round trip with the bus company "Säfflebussen" is about 60 Euro from Copenhagen to Göteborg. It takes about 4 hours one way.

Not alot of foreign people show that respect to our ways here, few years ago we couldn't have our own flags out becuse it was seen as rasism, But after alot of fighting and angry mobs it has become better, But its still there, and i fucking hate it, This is sweden we have our own ways :/

Its the same in every western european country man. To carry your country's flag may make you look like a nazi.. totally ridiculous.
Europeans have lost the notion of patriotism. But be happy Sweden didn't have a part in WW2 or in colonisation and shit... at least people don't have much justification to make swedes feel bad about their history (even though I'm sure they found a not so glorious part in your history to critisize you for).
Here in France its collaboration here, colonisation there, slavery and whatnot.

Well, I am Norwegian. I guess (so the story goes) I was born in Norway, my parents moved to the U.S., and ended up giving me up for adoption, they were poor, unfit parents or some bullsh*t. Any way I have never been to Norway tho, thats a trip i must make in this lifetime. Show some respect for my motherland.

Yeah and its complete bullshit, I mean we in the west like to claim that we won against the nazis, Well if this is the case then no we didn't, We lost bigtime, If people are so ignorant then yes we lost, So sad really..

Its the same in every western european country man. To carry your country's flag may make you look like a nazi.. totally ridiculous.
Europeans have lost the notion of patriotism. But be happy Sweden didn't have a part in WW2 or in colonisation and shit... at least people don't have much justification to make swedes feel bad about their history (even though I'm sure they found a not so glorious part in your history to critisize you for).
Here in France its collaboration here, colonisation there, slavery and whatnot.