Scandinavian Tour

I can't seem to find any information about the time when the doors will be opened in Stockholm on saturday. On Fryshuset's homepage it says "Amon Amarth 18:30", but it doesn't say whether that is the time for the opening of the doors or the start-time for the concert. Has anyone heard anything about that? I would really like to know as the planning of the day is a bit dependent on when it is time to start queueing outside the venue.

I'd say the doors will open 18.30 in Stockholm.
I'd be very surprised if the concert started that early.

Am willing to bet that AA will not start playing before 9 pm / 21.00
Entombed perhaps start around 20.00 and play 45 min to 60?

As far as I understand, they are not replacing Evilie with another band and don't think they've rescheduled the shows any either.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I'd say the doors will open 18.30 in Stockholm.
I'd be very surprised if the concert started that early.

Am willing to bet that AA will not start playing before 9 pm / 21.00
Entombed perhaps start around 20.00 and play 45 min to 60?

As far as I understand, they are not replacing Evilie with another band and don't think they've rescheduled the shows any either.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

That's fine, because it fits in with what I thought myself. It seems as if Fryshuset has 18:30 as standard door-opening time nowadays (after some googling). I have of course been to both Arenan and Klubben a lot of times, but the times have not always been fixed then. Tack för hjälpen! :) Jag undrar om Entombed kanske inte börjar tidigare nu, p g a att Evile inte är med?

Túrin Turambar;8616442 said:
That's fine, because it fits in with what I thought myself. It seems as if Fryshuset has 18:30 as standard door-opening time nowadays (after some googling). I have of course been to both Arenan and Klubben a lot of times, but the times have not always been fixed then. Tack för hjälpen! :) Jag undrar om Entombed kanske inte börjar tidigare nu, p g a att Evile inte är med?

Skall också till fryshuset syns där ;)

Anyhow, I can't really find another solution, the evile-part, they can also cut down the stress with replacing instruments and fix the guitars, sound and so on. We'll see :)

so, how was it?, any interesting stories?

It was great, of course :D

Well we got there just in time, when we had checked our coats we heard the first Entombed song.
The bassist was wearing an Evile T-shirt and they also mentioned Matt and Evile during the show, asking everyone to get loud for them.

Amon did an awesome set, as usual, dedicated Fate of Norns to Matt.
Didn't play Bastards of a lying brred, though it was on the set list, crossed out.

Sjoerd was there, as was Alex and Thonda, Niko showed up right when AA started, so a small Bochum gathering preparing for the Saturday meeting.

Alright, once again.. at with bar where you meet up and when? (Before the show in Stockholm 17/10). Quite nice to take a beer or so before heading there.

Plan is to meet at Kellys Bar on Folkunagatan 49, closest subway/metro being Medborgarplatsen.

They open the doors at 4 pm/16.00.

Can't remember what age limit they usually have, but most likely 23 I'm guessing.

A bunch of us that already know each other IRL will be wearing our Bloodshed over Bochum T-shirts, so should be able to spot us in the crowd.

If you have Facebook, check this:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=127948212312&index=1

Review (in Swedish) from last night:

http://www.gp.se/kulturnoje/1.224090-perfekt-sagometal

Attempt on translation by me:

Perfect Story Metal

Viking Death
Amon Amarth
Trädgår'n Tuesday

4 (out of 5)

Kalle Malmstedt lets himself be seduced by easy digested and sing-a-long-friendly death metal.

It's a shame if Amon Amarth's viking theme makes anyone shy away from them. If you dig deeper underneath the surface there's a foundation of mythology knowledge and historical interest in the lyrics.

Musically the Stockholm based band carries an easy digested and sing-a-long-friendly version of death metal, light years away from the power metal their attire suggests.

Live they are pretty much unstoppable. At the Unholy Alliance tour last year only out shined by Slayer and as the main act at Trädgår'n they make the fllor move and the entire crowd - all teh way to the back - wave and sing from the starting Twilight of the thunder god.
Dedicates Fate of norns to Evile's tragically deceased Mike Alexander.
Asks LG Petrov - whos Entombed is a very decent opening act - in Guardians of Asgard. They basically makes everything right, from a wide selection of songs to a lot of smoke and perfect metal poses and are greatly rewarded by a dedicated crowd.

If you for a second have anything to adduce to the sort of similar sounding songs you are quickly crushed by the pure force and weight.

And by the insight that Amon Amarth somewhere in the Edda has found the secret to a perfect, hit worthy metal concert.

Just to surrender and raise your viking horns. Even id you don't like store metal.

I'll be in Stockholm for sure, will hit Malmö Friday, then arrive Stockholm Saturday.

No idea who the guy that wrote the review from last night is, but I'd say Slayer was not even a shadow of AA during Unholy Alliance.
Amon kicked ass live as always on that tour, Slayer were mainly boring (personal opinion of course).

Nice videos=D

I and a friend will start the que outside Arenan now on friday around 19:00.
so if anyone will join us, call me ;)

thanks for the videos, very nicely done with good sound quality, place looked packed which is great

don't think we'll see them on this side of the Ocean 'till next fall :(, fuckin' sucks, they got to be beat from all the touring at the same time they can't let up