Scariest Vocal Part

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh*
whats the scariest vocal piece?
my current vote is "dry twist/shivering corpse" or whatever the hell he says (its no fun to read lyrics).

*dorian puts head on desk and goes back to sleep*

"Calling me baaaack....closure to bleak matters......Im leaving.......End of a seeeeearch....coming of morning......Returning."
The way his voice seems to break apart here is just evil. And i love it!

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned When, opening with the pleasant acoustic part and then the huge screaming death grind just jumps out of nowhere...

the_3_toed_sloth said:
"Calling me baaaack....closure to bleak matters......Im leaving.......End of a seeeeearch....coming of morning......Returning."

yeah that part IS evil, and i love it. the video footage of mike doing the "closure to bleak MATTERRRRRRS" in the doc is awesome.

deliverance said:
yeah that part IS evil, and i love it. the video footage of mike doing the "closure to bleak MATTERRRRRRS" in the doc is awesome.

*runs off to rewatch entire Lamentations dvd again...with new(ish) surround sound system i wasted my uni savings on*

The second time around with those lyrics, just before the intro riff kicks back in, with the dual layered screaming is fucking BRUTAL. \m/

Neil-o-Mac said:
The second time around with those lyrics, just before the intro riff kicks back in, with the dual layered screaming is fucking BRUTAL. \m/

Agreed, amazing stuff. I like the middle part on BTPISIO..

Flowers already withered
In this endless winter of souls

Well I wouldn't call it scary, (Although I guess it might be) but the part that just throws me into a fit of growling is the entire verse of "Serenity Painted Death" that starts -Darkness reared its head- and ends with -Drained from strength, flickering breath-. There's just something incredibly savage about it that hits me...

A liquid gown that covers all. In The Funeral Portrait. None of it scares me but that is just a fuckin sick lyric.