Scented Candles, hetero as fuck!

soy blend

y'all got bamboozled by marketingspeak

my money's on like 5% soy just so they can trick soyboys like yourself into buying what they think is a premium product and the rest petroleum-derived paraffin wax that will kill your lungs with cancerous deth

soy blend

y'all got bamboozled by marketingspeak

my money's on like 5% soy just so they can trick soyboys like yourself into buying what they think is a premium product and the rest petroleum-derived paraffin wax that will kill your lungs with cancerous deth

Bonus points to @einride ! I was going to comment the same, soy blend :) Lots of slick talk companies out there that use that phrase which just means "we put a little of the good stuff in with a lot of the bad stuff." Not only that, but fragrance is the most expensive part of the candle. When you get them for cheap, usually they cheap out on the scent (in quantity or in quality). Ever burn one of those big box candles and wonder why the scent dies out as it burns down? It's because they're "top loading" meaning, they put more scent in the upper portion of the wax, or, they drop a block of unscented wax in before they pour them. Slicksters.

That said, shipping rates SUCK these days so yes, unless you hit our over $99 free ship break point or buy multiple candles to make the ship better - it sucks.

And thanks for the mention! The biz is growing fast so if you're near one of my stores, pop in!
Manassas, Va (5 year anniversary coming up!)
North Myrtle Beach, SC (opened last Summer at Barefoot Landing)
Rehoboth Beach, DE (opened 1.5 months ago)
Or there will soon be over 100 stores carrying our goodies, hopefully 200 by years end: https://www.shiningsol.com/retailers/ If you're in Florida a lot of the Surf Style stores have started stocking, more to come.

Myrtle.jpg

Ok, back to the Metal :)

Oh and I am slowly sneaking Metal references into the line. We had licenses for a few bands and made KISS, Def Leppard, Aerosmith, Twisted Sister, etc. candles - hopefully more band candles will be in the future. It's fun to mesh lyric/album themes with the scents and band imagery (vs. just being a crappy novelty with no tie-in except a band image).

Them Bones: https://www.shiningsol.com/product/them-bones/

Mountain King: https://www.shiningsol.com/product/mountain-king/

Them-Bones-Large-Candle.jpg

Them-Bones-Top-Down.jpg

Mountain-King-Large-Candle.jpg

Bonus points to @einride ! I was going to comment the same, soy blend :) Lots of slick talk companies out there that use that phrase which just means "we put a little of the good stuff in with a lot of the bad stuff." Not only that, but fragrance is the most expensive part of the candle. When you get them for cheap, usually they cheap out on the scent (in quantity or in quality). Ever burn one of those big box candles and wonder why the scent dies out as it burns down? It's because they're "top loading" meaning, they put more scent in the upper portion of the wax, or, they drop a block of unscented wax in before they pour them. Slicksters.

That said, shipping rates SUCK these days so yes, unless you hit our over $99 free ship break point or buy multiple candles to make the ship better - it sucks.

And thanks for the mention! The biz is growing fast so if you're near one of my stores, pop in!
Manassas, Va (5 year anniversary coming up!)
North Myrtle Beach, SC (opened last Summer at Barefoot Landing)
Rehoboth Beach, DE (opened 1.5 months ago)
Or there will soon be over 100 stores carrying our goodies, hopefully 200 by years end: https://www.shiningsol.com/retailers/ If you're in Florida a lot of the Surf Style stores have started stocking, more to come.

View attachment 28521

Ok, back to the Metal :)
What do you think about candles from luxury perfume brands, Deron? Are they even good quality?
Stuff like Diptyque or Jo Malone? I always thought it would be nice to have one or two, which would make me feel like a fine and successful instagram chick.
But then I don't really want to pay 80 bucks for a candle :)

Reactions: einride
What do you think about candles from luxury perfume brands, Deron? Are they even good quality?
Stuff like Diptyque or Jo Malone? I always thought it would be nice to have one or two, which would make me feel like a fine and successful instagram chick.

You are literally paying for the marketing and fancy scent names. "Luxury" is just a branded word when it comes to candles. One way a candle could be called "luxury" is if the fragrance and wax are kept as chemical free as possible (no phthalates, etc.) , and if it is 100% soy/coconut/beeswax - something that burns clean. But that said - we could technically call our Shining Sol candles luxury because we do all of that with our candles.

We actually have a sub-brand already named and may be launching it soon - making the same quality candles as we do now, just in a more contemporary vessel . We would market it the same "luxury" and sell just like Diptyque/Jo Malone. Strangely enough, we know people that will only buy high priced candles "just because" - so there is certainly a market for those!

Besides, you're already a fine Instagram chick @~Neurotica !

which would make me feel like a fine and successful instagram chick.

Youre very attractive, if you dont have two dozen pay pigs paying your bills, youre marketing yourself wrong.

Do you own a PS4? If so buy one, and flirt with these sorry sacks of shit.

Ive back pocketed the side hustle idea of ghost gaming. (I'll play, gal woooos the geeks.) Shit just kick me down with a sliver of the profits. (Doubt this could be done trans-hemisphere)

@MetalAges Any chance to get a scent named Royal Carnage? "The crackling of living in the past, with the scent of today."