Schecter Loomis Discontinued?

RockGuitarX

Miles of Machines
Sep 14, 2008
SA Texas, USA
Does anyone know if Schecter is going to discontinue the Jeff Loomis signature model? I was planning on saving up for one but I noticed all the online distributors have is marked as "Clearance" or a "Closeout" on their website. :erk:

I can't see them stopping it, they only just released the string-thru model this year.

We have January NAMM coming up. I myself am hoping for a Mahogany model with an Ebony fretboard. It would go nicely with the ash/maple one I own. :)

We have January NAMM coming up. I myself am hoping for a Mahogany model with an Ebony fretboard. It would go nicely with the ash/maple one I own. :)

Ebony fretboard mmm... sexy thoughts. That would be hot! Though I've always liked the first model, but that version would so kickass :)

"Thank you for your recent inquiry. It appears that Schecter is indeed canceling these guitars, as they have discontinued almost all colors of this guitar, with the Vampyre Red Satin being all that we have left." - Musician's Friend

"Thank you for your recent inquiry. It appears that Schecter is indeed canceling these guitars, as they have discontinued almost all colors of this guitar, with the Vampyre Red Satin being all that we have left." - Musician's Friend

Umm, that was the only colour it was ever available in.... wasn't it?

Either Schecter have been hit by the crunch or it didn't sell well. I'm guessing the first.

Theres is just no way that guitar didn't sell well, its one of the most popular 7 string production models around at the moment, and also the nicest guitar i've ever played, let alone owned. It was only ever available in vampyre satin red, so whoever replied to that email obviously doesn't have a clue what they're talking about. Seems unlikely that they would phase this model out so quickly

Theres is just no way that guitar didn't sell well, its one of the most popular 7 string production models around at the moment, and also the nicest guitar i've ever played, let alone owned. It was only ever available in vampyre satin red, so whoever replied to that email obviously doesn't have a clue what they're talking about. Seems unlikely that they would phase this model out so quickly

They have the whole color thing thrown off because on many websites they had it listed as Vampire Satin Red as well as Dark Cherry or something like that. It was the same thing, they just had 2 colors listed for some odd reason.

BTW I called Schecter, and the guy who answered the phone was clueless! He like ummmmm just ask your dealer. Yeah, OK I thought maybe Schecter would know about their product better than a dealer? lol I guess we'll all find out soon what is going on! Maybe it's like what Metaltastic said? An update could be in store!

I feel exactly the same way. It's made me enough of a snob that I either want a different-looking/sounding Loomis model, or I will have to order a Blackmachine B7 (if I am lucky enough to have the opportunity - who knows how long the waiting list is?)

I feel exactly the same way. It's made me enough of a snob that I either want a different-looking/sounding Loomis model, or I will have to order a Blackmachine B7 (if I am lucky enough to have the opportunity - who knows how long the waiting list is?)
Oh yes, a blackmachine would be ultimate :headbang:

If I had 2 loomis's, which is a total possibility as long as they carry on making them, I would so stain/paint one of them black. Would look sexy with the maple fretboard.

But for now I just sold my loomis because I wanted a fixed bridge and can't decide between the Loomis TOM or the Blackjack ATX.