Schecter vs. LTD

Both the LTD 1000 series and signature 600 series and the big majority of the Schecter line are made in the World Factory, at Korea.

I own a Schecter C7 Hellraiser, a Schecter Loomis sig, and an LTD Hex 7. They're all fantastic guitars and the quality is similar throughout all of them. I might prefer my Scehcters a little bit because of the baritone scale but they are all so good it's really splitting hairs.

I have always found it interesting that Schecter tends to market towards rock and metal, yet their necks generally seem to be really thick. You'd think they'd have a few more guitars with thinner necks to cater for the shredders. I own a Loomis 7-string, and whilst I found it the best out of the Schecters that were available at the store (Blackjack, Hellraiser, Omen, Damien), it would definitely feel ten times better with a thinner neck. That said, I reckon it rips the shit out of Ibanez 7-strings in the same pricerange.

In terms of 6-strings, LTDs to me feel like they have an edge over Schecters. The build quality is somewhat similar, but I prefer the necks and overall aesthetics of LTDs. For the most part yeah, it's a personal preference thing, though if you intend to do lots of fast soloing, you might find LTDs will suit you best in the long run.

I have played an LTD EC1000 exclusively for nearly a decade. The first band I ever joined had a lot of old school rock type of guys, and one of them had a nice Les Paul Studio, bought some long ass time ago when Gibsons were the shit. I always loved the Paul, but it never felt great for the speed/power/thrash metal that I like to play, it lacked the "fast" feeling of an 80's Jackson or an Ibanez for example. In my opinion, my EC1000 is like a marriage between the two. It looks like a Les Paul, only 100 pounds lighter, it has a great, ballsy feel for rhythm, but the neck is "fast" like an 80's shred guitar, if any of that makes sense :lol:

I don't know about other models of LTD guitars, but from what I understand they all pretty much slay. Hell, before I got my EC1000 I had the budget EC100, a shitty guitar for sure in comparison, but a damn good guitar for the $200 I paid for it back in the day. I know absolutely shit about Schecters, so I can't really offer any insight there.