Schoolgirl 'stabbed for love of AC/DC'

yup, back when I was a longhair wearing black only, there were times I got offended by people on the street... If I estimated I had chances in hand-to-hand I offended them back :D and a couple of my metalhead pals were quite severly beaten for this fact, with the police standing motionless a couple of meters away :erk: however when I evolved out of my metalhead image it all ceased... it figures I guess

well it's been pretty much present throughout the whole history of civilisation... and frankly, it's not worse now than it was in the past, quite the contrary tbqh

not that it's good now of course ;)

Loads of people get murdered for no reason at all every week. This is one person who got something shuvved in her eye, and she got over it. I don't see the big deal about this topic :erk: especially since loads of school kids get beat up for listening to metal all over the world on a regular basis.

:Wreath: said:
well it's been pretty much present throughout the whole history of civilisation... and frankly, it's not worse now than it was in the past, quite the contrary tbqh

not that it's good now of course ;)
I know that, it's a timeless fashion to hurt and murder people for no reason at all (or bad ones at least), but still.

daz436 said:
Loads of people get murdered for no reason at all every week. This is one person who got something shuvved in her eye, and she got over it. I don't see the big deal about this topic :erk: especially since loads of school kids get beat up for listening to metal all over the world on a regular basis.
I pretty much agree, in the sense that this case isn't special or anything. But every time you read such things in the newspaper, you're confronted with the messed up world we live in. It doesn't really get old or normal, for me at least.

You say it's getting better, but in the past decade it has started getting worse again. It's obvious who the people doing this are. I'm not sure of what you call them in other countries, but the chav epidemic here in Britain is growing, it doesn't seem to stop, and as time goes on their actions become more vile and sickening to me. The number of full-fledged adult criminals may have gone down through history, but there is an entire generation of people who are doing like those in the article, ready to grow up and become killers and racists. And I'm worried the next generation (probably most of our children), will have it even worse than us.
A few years ago the only thing stopping me getting knifed and all my hair cut off was because I actually knew one of the guys in the gang from when we were little kids, and I felt physically sick that I was friends with somebody who would turn out like that.

Wow... stabing an eye out just for likeing AC/DC... ahhhh.... I feel scared for my gf now since that's her favorite band. But man.... I like metal and people who listen to country (the complete opposite of metal) doesn't hate me for that. What's wrong with people now adays.

Blue_Jay said:
Wow... stabing an eye out just for likeing AC/DC... ahhhh.... I feel scared for my gf now since that's her favorite band. But man.... I like metal and people who listen to country (the complete opposite of metal) doesn't hate me for that. What's wrong with people now adays.

country is far from being the complete opposite of metal.

I don't exactly know what would be the 'chav' equivalent here in the US. Ive personally never met anyone who seemed to hold something against a person because of what music they listen to. The only kind i can think of are the kids who only listen to 'classic rock' and think anything else is crap. BUt thats far from the same.

I havent seen burberry becoming big here yet either :lol:

englands version of white trash. at least thats what my friend says

chav:
chav.jpg

chav gear:
chav-38235.jpg

Ah, that kind of people. We got those in Holland too, but I guess mostly they're not as worse. In highschool (and my experience) they mostly resorted to namecalling alternative people. If there was a fight, it was usually with their own 'friends'. Weird guys.