sci-fi metal?

Bands that give me that feeling:

-Darkspace
-Nocturnus
-Wormed
-Arcturus
-Origin for sure

Can't remember much right now..

Control Human Delete are pretty good. Ars Diavoli can give you a better conception of them.

Star One I haven't heard of. If you like the whole progressive metal/rock kind of thing, it may be worth checking out.

Did you make those up?

No way. Control Human Delete formed during the year 2001 and has released an EP and an album so far. They released their first album not too long ago this year, it's about as industrial/sci fi sounding as it gets for metal. I'd even go as far as calling it the ultimate industrial metal album

Star One is a progressive metal band created by the mastermind Arjen from the band Ayreon. They've only released one album (not counting the live album) and it's pretty good. It's pretty much progressive metal with spacey influences.

I've only heard their first but I don't really get "sci-fi" from Darkspace. Seems to fit into that category as well as Lunar Aurora (as in, not too well at all).

Wormed and Devin Townsend's new album are the only things that come to mind straight away. I think System Shock may also have sci fi themed lyrics but I can't remember.

Ayreon is pretty sci-fi. Universal Migrator Pt 1 The Dream Sequencer is pretty good.