Scott Burns Production

I love his works man.
Cannibal Corpse - Tomb of the Mutilated
Deicide-first 4 albums(mainly Once upon the cross) Suffocation - Despise the Sun and Malevolent Creation - Retribution and sepultura-arise are my favorites.
The result is really amazing and up to date for me.He could easily create the sound that the material demanded.

Scott is a fucking legend. But "Human" is definetely one of his worst works. The 2011 remix shows that he had absolutely top-notch source material, which he turned into a quiet, woofy-ass guitars, clicky-ass drums, no bass mix - death metal's AJFA. The remix finally did "Human" justice (no pun.).

Funnily enough, I think the original mix of human was awesome but then again, I adore the sound on AJFA. Both those albums have less dyndamics, more sterile sound as a creative choice and I happen to like that. The Human remix is cool and very interesting to listen to but I'll still be reaching for the original CD when I need my fix.

Regarding Arise, IIRC Scott Burns actually mixed the album at first but it was mixed again by Andy Wallace by request of either the band or the label. I remember there being a Scott Burns mixed version of Desperate Cry as a bonus track, don't remember on which release though.

Scott didn't record or mix this album: Nocturnus - Thresholds but whoever did, really shafted it. The rhythm guitars sound awful. In fact almost every sounds awful...yet I still love that album.

Scott Burns is an icon. He gave character to those bands, something lacking from today's productions. Spiritual Healing, Legions, Tomb of the Mutilated, Cause of Death these were cutting edge albums back in the day and they still sound superb.