Scott Ian's book: "I'm The Man"

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
Anyone read this as yet? I've ordered it and am waiting for it to hit my doorstep. Looking forward to a good read...... Scott has always been an interesting guy to me.

Since I seriously doubt it ever comes out in CZ, unless I translate it myself, I'd probably have to order it from the US or something. But I must have it!

No not yet, but I've also read some bits and pieces and it is really good. Also read a few reviews online and they all say it's a very cool read.

I'll probably get it from the library.

Keep it.

Wait for a book amnesty.

Miss it.

Ignore the letters.

Get on with life...

I just finished Michael Sweet's (from Stryper) book. Actually a rather candid insight into his life and the band. Proves they are just another dysfunctional bunch of ordinary guys in a rock band. Good read if you're a fan.

I too am looking forward to Scott's book and also the live Speaking Words DVD. Hoping local shops stock the live BluRay soon too!

Just got my copy in the mail. Have jumped around chapters a bit as I was really keen to read the 90s years onwards. It's a fuckng awesome book. Really cool reading how he hooked up with Pearl and how open he is about his relationships.

Won't give it away, but his story about his VH1 interview with Ozzy is fucking funny!!!

Great reading so far.

unabashedly love Scott's book. Better than i thought it was going to be and richer too particularly in the portrait he draws of his mother, family dynamics and growing up in Queens. A lot of Anthrax's past dramas are covered and I think he gives some new insights into his relationship with Joey. I wouldn't say there is anything new about John Bush. and the other nameless guy isn't covered at all. Scott recommends we check wiki for more information. i think Scott does explore the pressure he felt to write lyrics in the band and have someone sing his words. He talks about how important collaborating w. Bush writing partner/vocalist was and how he just didnt think Joey understood him. But there's a humility here and Scott acknowledges his selfish side both in and outside of the band. its a great book. highly recommend.

I must say scott does tAke a lot of responsibility for diff things that had happened,I always thought belladonna was left out of Electra deal but he did get his even split of the money as Scott rightly said he deserved,he's def got a big chip on his shoulder but I think that's just the way he grew up

Finished it,outstanding all the way thru I couldn't put it down,I won't give any details away but some great insight from Scott on joey etc,very well put.

Yeah finished it here too. Loved every chapter, one of the best music bios I've read for sure.