Scott Ian's book: "I'm The Man"

I ordered a copy on Amazon, should be here this week. I'm not a huge reader but this sounds like it will be good. I found out about it from listening to Eddie Trunk's podcast where he was talking to Scott Ian and Chris Jericho.

This book is awesome. I bought pre-ordered it and got it the day of release, but I had two books to read before this one, so it took me a while. I like how he speaks honestly about the pros/cons of Joey and John instead of kissing the current singer's ass and speaking ill of the former one. He also handled the Dan Nelson era with class! :D

A solid 7/10.

I got it for Xmas and ive loved every chapter ive had the time to read so far. Just up to the point where the record company insisted that they release Black Lodge instead of Room for One More as the 2nd single from SOWN. Great insight into the band so far.

It really is a very good read. Some cool stories from the backstage, showbusiness and all. Scott is sometimes very open, sometimes brutally honest, in fact, he even admits that he had to lie to the press about certain things. However, still I don't think some things he writes are not 100% true. I know he can't talk about the whole Dan Nelson thing because of a court sentence, but it's kinda weird he make it happen like Anthrax didn't play a single show between 2006-2009 (he mentions that at some point, I think). Of course they did. As far as Bush goes, there's virtually nothing new, apart of one thing - there's a story that Bush committed to come back in the band and record Worship Music with them, but suddenly changed his mind overnight and said no at the very last point. He also remarks that the 2005 reunion was a sheer disaster and "a fucking nightmare" from the scratch.

I agree. I got the feeling the whole truth was not forthcoming! Would have liked more about Bush and of course Dan N.
Most interesting was Joey and that he seems OK about just singing scotts lyrics.
I preferred Duffs book

I didn't even notice Dan Nelson was missing from the book lol,I'd forgot about him,classy move and he didn't deserve a scrap of a mention

At least the drama around him deserve "a scrap of a mention", why wouldn't it? Plus, there was this Iron Maiden tour, few European tours, at least that I know of, and everyday Scott's post about "the best singer they ever had". And the fact they did write and record the whole album with him.

But I understand there's a court case and both parties are NOT ALLOWED to talk publicly about the whole thing.

In fairness to bel son anthrax does have to take some responsibily for hiring such a hack,he clearly couldn't handle life on the road,he's a nobody and by not having his name in the book people will forget about him a lot quicker lol

In fairness to bel son anthrax does have to take some responsibily for hiring such a hack,he clearly couldn't handle life on the road,he's a nobody and by not having his name in the book people will forget about him a lot quicker lol

It's a pity anyway. I bet all these stories from the road with him would have been pretty juicy :lol:

It really is a very good read. Some cool stories from the backstage, showbusiness and all. Scott is sometimes very open, sometimes brutally honest, in fact, he even admits that he had to lie to the press about certain things. However, still I don't think some things he writes are not 100% true. I know he can't talk about the whole Dan Nelson thing because of a court sentence, but it's kinda weird he make it happen like Anthrax didn't play a single show between 2006-2009 (he mentions that at some point, I think). Of course they did. As far as Bush goes, there's virtually nothing new, apart of one thing - there's a story that Bush committed to come back in the band and record Worship Music with them, but suddenly changed his mind overnight and said no at the very last point. He also remarks that the 2005 reunion was a sheer disaster and "a fucking nightmare" from the scratch.

they did play shows between 2006-2009.....they played some dates in 2008, it was just 2007 nothing was played

http://psychward44.webs.com/

About 2/3rds of the way through this book. Fascinating read. Some very revealing insight into not only Scott's life but also that of his bandmates. Never realised Joey was a problem drunk and doing blow too.

The admission about how Bring the Noise was really recorded is funny - we were all fooled ;-)

I'll
About 2/3rds of the way through this book. Fascinating read. Some very revealing insight into not only Scott's life but also that of his bandmates. Never realised Joey was a problem drunk and doing blow too.

The admission about how Bring the Noise was really recorded is funny - we were all fooled ;-)[/Q

I'm looking forward to reading it again , a lot to take in and there prob a tonne of stuff I forgot about