Scott Ian's book: "I'm The Man"

Some very funny & crazy stories in there. Also some rather candid and revealing things about the band and what was going on at the time.

Man if only (no pun) they'd pushed Elektra to go with Room for One More instead of Black Lodge. Who knows eh.

What is interesting is just how many times money issues were always present in the band. The fact they didn't make any money off tours until the SOWN tour is astounding.

Totally off topic but something similar happened to silver chair,there second album had the single freakwhich is a pretty kickass song and the execs in American label wanted abuse me for the USA marketand they never really took off in the States after that

After reading this book + Ellefson & Mustaines one thing is certain - bands are super dysfunctional and its amazing that they can produce some truly amazing art in the shape of their music.

All that angst, frustration and turmoil gets expunged in those songs we all know too well.

Totally off topic but something similar happened to silver chair,there second album had the single freakwhich is a pretty kickass song and the execs in American label wanted abuse me for the USA marketand they never really took off in the States after that

Never knew that. I'm a big fan of Silverchair. Whole catalogue is awesome.

Reactions: Anthrax_Mosher