scott on illegal dl

I wasn't presenting an argument when I stated its 2011. What the poster above me said, keeping the files after you decide you like something is wrong but it's the grim reality of the times. How about if a journalist poses this question to Scott: hypothetically speaking, if you were an average fifteen year old kid today, would your entire music collection be all purchased legally?

I heard that 15 year olds today deal with Internet the way I dealt with a TV when I was a kid. That made me starting to think about it: Everything I could do with my remote control I did, in order to control the TV. Teletext was awesome! Many times better than the TV shows running. I checked all pages. It remember a certain freedom doing it. I had the right to click on everything since the TV belonged to my family.

1994:
TV + remote control?

2011:
The mouse + Internet?

Since Socrates lived (and probably long before him), people have been complaining about the fall of society's morals. Not sure if I agree to it. I mean how would one even approach a comparison?

Yes, horrible things happen every day, in all countries, in all cities. The world was not "generally" better before, the world is not "generally" better today. This might be subject for a long conversation though ...

I would not say people downloading music they love are making criminal actions. What I would say is: YOU DESTROY FOR BANDS THAT YOU LOVE WHERE IS YOUR SUPPORT? (unless they buy the records of course after having previewed the music)

Anyhow - I grew up buying cds, now I buy everything on iTunes. Not positive towards illegal downloading, that is my personal view. If I see a girl or a guy playing music on the street, I give whatever pennies, cents I have or even a note or two (if it is very good).

I want to help bands I like exist. I want them to keep on making music and keep on kicking ass. Therefore I bought WM and will buy the ticket when they play my town. That is how I deal with it.

I'm not even going to bother reading article. I have 0% guilt downloading music. Its the indusrty fault for being cheap greedy jews

It's n diff to when I wad in school,there was no way I could afford to buy cassette every week,I ended up with a fair chunk of originals over the years but I got a shitload of copies tapes as well.

How about this, most places will let you return a CD if you don't like it, some food places may refund or not charge if there is something wrong with the food, but what if you downloan an album or movie but not end up liking it? You can't return the file hey? You care share it of course, but that makes it worse. That comment about the 15 year old's music collection, I guess it comes down to how he was brought up and education of what's really going on. Granted, most parents don't have a clue about the music scene.

no doubt about it,its just how it is,u cant even blame gen y kids etc because they know nothing different,one thing i know for sure is that if anthrax didnt have the iternet they wouldnt even exist in 2011.

I'm not even going to bother reading article. I have 0% guilt downloading music. Its the indusrty fault for being cheap greedy jews

"Don't even try to tell me what you think is right When to you blacks are my pals and Jews are kikes"

Or, don't be a racist.

Wow I just read this and this dude has the word BUSINESS shoved completely up his ass. I've bought a jillion records in the past 2 years that I never would've got around to buying if I hadn't downloaded them first. Of course not everyone does this, most people just download it and even if they end up loving it, they still don't buy it. But if everything is about business and a product being sold, then what if I buy the album and I think it sucks? Can I return it for a refund? Of course not. The reason I download is because of the obvious fact that I don't want to potentially waste money on something that I'm not going to like. If I do like it, then I buy it, sometimes multiple versions if I like it that much.

Yeah and to add, it's hard to decide on something based off of a snippet or even one or two full songs. I liked the one single they released for the damned things so I bought the CD. I hated the rest. I vowed to never buy a CD without hearing it again. Unless it is from a select few bands that have consistently been favorites of mine. I DL it and if I like I pay up. If I absolutley love it I go to shows and buy merch or special releases like LPs

You can fucking even blame it on MTV. Back in the day, if you liked a bands video, you simply bought that album. Not in my case though. I shoplifted it from the Kmart by my childhood house.

Those who steal will always come up with 101 arguments or justifications as to why they do it.

The answer to downloading is simple. Reduce the Record Company's cut and make them cheaper. They are too expensive. Of course, that is not a real option as that would never happen.

Kid Rock:
" iTunes takes the money, the record company takes the money, and they don't give it to the artists. Back in the day, we all know the stories of the Otis Reddings and Chuck Berrys and Fats Dominos who never got paid. So the internet was an opportunity for everyone to be treated fairly, for the consumer to get a fair price, for the artist to be paid fairly, for the record companies to make some money, but they stuck to the "old system"".

Last edited by a moderator:
what's racist about writing "jews"? What's a big deal, it doesn't hurt anyone. Jew jew jew jew jewity jew jew.

To me, it's pretty simple. Stealing is wrong. I understand that the music industry let prices get out of control, but no one's forcing anyone to buy anything.

Besides, cd's will be obsolete soon and there will be no other choice but to download music. That's probably when I'll stop buying new music. No way I'm paying for a file on my computer as opposed to an actual physical product. But I won't steal it either. I'll just listen to what I already have and let the next generation download all the Justin Beiber they want.:puke:

i bought all the albums on cassette up to sown then bought stomp, vol 8 and wcfya on cd plus all official dvd/cd stuff up to worship, but im fucked if im gonna rebuy all the stuff i had on cassette again, i already did that years ago! so i downloaded it. i also downloaded wm because ive little faith in this band anymore. ive never dowloaded anyting from maiden and i have everything from them because i beleive in them that they are doing what they are doing for the fans and not just for money like anthrax

The answer to downloading is simple. Reduce the Record Company's cut and make them cheaper. They are too expensive. Of course, that is not a real option as that would never happen.

Kid Rock:
" iTunes takes the money, the record company takes the money, and they don't give it to the artists. Back in the day, we all know the stories of the Otis Reddings and Chuck Berrys and Fats Dominos who never got paid. So the internet was an opportunity for everyone to be treated fairly, for the consumer to get a fair price, for the artist to be paid fairly, for the record companies to make some money, but they stuck to the "old system"".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUgB0hNf0bs

kid rock rules by the way,its so true and sadly it wasnt just a select few that were not paid,thousands of artists were/are ripped off.

Remember who puts up the money for the album, distribution and album manufacture. Like I said, it's like a big loan. I have a home that I'm paying off. I have had stuff stolen from breakins. I know how I felt about that. Well bands are paying off albums so downloanding like like breaking in and stealing something, but less courageous.

Saying Jew is not racist, but saying "greedy Jew" implies racism, as Jewish peole are kown for thier saving abilities and that is used against them in a bad way.