Scott's Guitar World Quotes are .....

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
very interesting - talking about the split from Danny Spitz and (presumably Joey Belladonna), he said:

"We all knew the split was never going to be permanent" ..... and,

"We just needed a break to keep sane and remain friends"

Just curious to know people's thoughts on these quotes. Would Scott have said this a few years ago?

WOW that seems like a total 180 degree turn from what I read in the 1993 till the recent past metal mags....

I don't mind though it's great having em back together.....

IMO both the split and the reunion comments are overrated, I don´t think that they hated each other as much as for example the members of Pantera and Mötley Crüe who didn´t miss an opportunity to speak their minds how much the others sucked... Yes, Scott did say a lot of negative things about Joey and Dan - and Dan in particular gave much of it back - but I remember reading an interview in a German magazine (I believe it was Heavy oder was, if anybody here knows it) after the release of Vol. 8 where he said that Joey and Dan had always been friends of his and they only had to part because it was not working any longer. So I wouldn´t think about all that talk too much - maybe Scott was/is exaggerating, but you surely can´t call him a liar and/or hypocrite as some did because of that. If they had always been a happy family, there would have been no splits - but that doesn´t mean that they have to be enemies forever, remember Maiden/Dickinson or Slayer/Lombardo.

Hell he might be sincere who knows, he did say some negative things about them way back but hell you know how things go in the media....

Who knows what will be said about John Bush in the future, or better what will be printed....like I said weeks ago, members come and go....nobody even thought about the situation in which ANTHRAX will have another singer besides Bush OR Belladonna, could happen you know...(look at EXODUS)

spacebeer said:
nobody even thought about the situation in which ANTHRAX will have another singer besides Bush OR Belladonna, could happen you know...(look at EXODUS)

I thought about it for a while that the VAN HALEN situation could occur :lol:

spacebeer said:
Who knows what will be said about John Bush in the future, or better what will be printed....like I said weeks ago, members come and go....nobody even thought about the situation in which ANTHRAX will have another singer besides Bush OR Belladonna, could happen you know...(look at EXODUS)

NEVER!