Cool Quotes

waif

Sep 7, 2007
Montreal
These are some quotes from Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert. These are from his new book, his blog, and the comic itself.

"You're working hard. I'm not. In a hundred years we'll both be dead."

"There's really no point in listening to other people. They're either going to be agreeing with you or saying stupid stuff."

"There's nothing more dangerous than a resourceful idiot."

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."

"If you think that offering excellent reasons for your thinking will change anyone's mind, you might be new on this planet."

"I think you should live your life so that the maximum number of people will attend your funeral."

"I'm not convinced that oil is the problem in the Middle East. I'm pretty sure we could fly over the Middle East and drop bags of money and they'd still want to kill us for blocking their view."

"There's no such thing as good ideas and bad ideas. There are only your ideas and other people's. If you want someone to like your idea, tell him he said it first last week and you just remembered it."

"The human population is 90% gullible, violence prone dipshits."

"Great ideas often look identical to stupid ones right up until the moment they work."

No real point to this, I just wanted to share these. If people want to post their own quotes or discuss these, cool. If not, whatever.

One of my favorite Adams quotes is from an introduction to one of his books:

"Let's recall the story of the tortoise and his hair. If I recall correctly, the tortoise had hair that grew very quickly. For some reason this was a problem. The tortoise eventually triumphed by beating his hair to death with his flipper. Now you may say that tortoises (torti, to be proper) don't have flippers. But if that was true, then how could they fly? I'm not really doing a whole lot of research for this part of the book; in which case, shut up."

Awesome Scotty; Dilbert rules!

Here's another more serious quote for the thread:

"Meek young men grow up in libraries, believing it their duty to accept the views which Cicero, which Locke, which Bacon, have given, forgetful that Cicero, Locke, and Bacon were only young men in libraries when they wrote those books."
~Emerson

good one. It's a good point - people tend to automatically accept things because someone important said them a long time ago. Adams has a quote on this, I'll see if I can find it when I get home.