Critical Movie Quotes

Office Space

Peter Gibbons: Lawrence, what would you do if you had a million dollars
Lawrence: Ill tell you what Id do if i had a milion dollars, 2 chicks at the same time, thats what i would do.

Office Space

Peter Gibbons: Lawrence, what would you do if you had a million dollars
Lawrence: Ill tell you what Id do if i had a milion dollars, 2 chicks at the same time, thats what i would do.

WOw, man...that's pretty deep.

From "Idiocracy"
Narrator: [Time Masheen starts] We're gonna take you back, to the year 1939 when Charlie Chaplin and his nazi regime enslaved Europe and tried to take over the world...
Narrator: ...But then an even greater force emerged, the U.N.
[pronounced "un"]
Narrator: and the U.N. un-nazied the world - forever.

Thus Idiocracy.

It's in the book and the film but at the end of A Scanner Darkly where Arctor says 'I saw death rising from the earth, from the ground itself, in one blue field.' More poetic than anything I guess but I like it.

Also at the end of Bladerunner when the final replicant is dying (can't remember his name) the whole 'All these moments will be lost, like tears in the rain.' things is kinda cool. >_>

Blade runner was a good movie. The thing is, the camera work sucked, the directing sucked, the visual effects sucked, and it was impossible to tell what was going on. The fact that it could still be a good movie despite all that shows how cool the movie was.

Blade runner was a good movie. The thing is, the camera work sucked, the directing sucked, the visual effects sucked, and it was impossible to tell what was going on. The fact that it could still be a good movie despite all that shows how cool the movie was.

All of what you say sucked was artistically designed that way. It's a personal matter if you like it or not, but nothing was amateurish about it.

Blade Runner has been nominated for and won many awards.Year Award Category – Recipient(s)
1982 Los Angeles Film Critics Association Award Best Cinematography – Jordan Cronenweth
1983 BAFTA Film Award Best Cinematography – Jordan Cronenweth
Best Costume Design – Charles Knode, Michael Kaplan
Best Production Design/Art Direction – Lawrence G. Paull
1983 Hugo Award Best Dramatic Presentation
1983 London Critics Circle Film Awards – Special Achievement Award Lawrence G. Paull, Douglas Trumbull, Syd Mead – For their visual concept (technical prize).

It was nominated for the following awards:
BAFTA (1983)
Best Film Editing – Terry Rawlings
Best Make Up Artist – Marvin G. Westmore
Best Score – Vangelis
Best Sound – Peter Pennell, Bud Alper, Graham V. Hartstone, Gerry Humphreys
Best Special Visual Effects – Douglas Trumbull, Richard Yuricich, David Dryer
British Society of Cinematographers: Best Cinematography Award (1982) – Jordan Cronenweth
Fantasporto
International Fantasy Film Award (1983) – Best Film – Ridley Scott
International Fantasy Film Award (1993) – Best Film – Ridley Scott (Director's cut)
Golden Globe: Best Original Score (1983) – Motion Picture – Vangelis
Academy Award (1983)
Best Art Direction-Set Decoration – Lawrence G. Paull, David L. Snyder, Linda DeScenna
Best Effects, Visual Effects – Douglas Trumbull, Richard Yuricich, David Dryer
Saturn Award (1983)
Best Science Fiction Film
Best Director – Ridley Scott
Best Special Effects – Douglas Trumbull, Richard Yuricich
Best Supporting Actor – Rutger Hauer
Best Genre Video Release (1994) – Director's cut
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner

I really don't give a shit what awards it won. If I wanted stuff that won awards I'd listen to pop music. And being nominated for an award but losing doesn't mean much to me...

I'm not saying it was amateurish.

I'm not criticising the fact that it had flying cars so much as the way the flying cars looked retarded. I thought the environments and concepts were great, it was just the fact that back then special effects sucked.

Plotwise, it was hard to follow. End of story.

I didn't really find it at all hard to follow but then that may have something to do with my having read 'Do Androids Dream..' atleast 10 times.

'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep', 'UBIK', 'A Scanner Darkly', 'Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said' and 'Now Wait For Last Year' are all amazing imo.

Yep, absolutely wonderful. ^

Blade Runner was quite an accomplishment. I just got the Final Cut on DVD, and it's sublime. It's beautifully written and directed. The a Scanner Darkly production was pretty interesting too. I liked it at the cinema, but have grown to adore it on DVD.

'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep', 'UBIK', 'A Scanner Darkly', 'Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said' and 'Now Wait For Last Year' are all amazing imo.

I'll see if they have a collection of his stuff at the library...I could do with some to read other than fuckin' Huck Finn for English class...

The Libertine

John Wilmot: "I've discovered that people fall into two groups: the stupid and the envious. The stupid will learn to love you in five years' time. The envious will never love you."