5 great quotes

Tongue_Ring said:
"we're all a little crazy, especially the people that insist they're sane

"all people are evil, it's just a matter of wich form of evil manifests itself"

"absolute power can't corrupt absolutely because a person would already have to be corrupt in order to accuire absolute power"

"any one is psychologically cappable of doing anything, it's just a matter of pressing the right buttons, the psychological ones that are different from person to person"
i WASN'T quoting myself

Tongue_Ring said:
"absolute power can't corrupt absolutely because a person would already have to be corrupt in order to accuire absolute power"

Who ever said someone had to be completely devoid of corruption to be corrupted absolutely by power? I don't know who you quoted, but what are they getting at here?

Demilich said:
Who ever said someone had to be completely devoid of corruption to be corrupted absolutely by power? I don't know who you quoted, but what are they getting at here?
i don't remember the name of the guy i quoted, but i remember several of my friends explaining it to me (years ago) as the the guy i was quoting believed that

aquiring absolute power is totally impossible unless you're already an innately corrupt person at birth

or something along those lines

I understand that someone who acquired absolute power would have to already be corrupt in some sense, but that doesn't mean that absolute power can't corrupt absolutely. It just doesn't make any sense.

When Hitler came for the Jews... I was not a Jew, therefore, I was not concerned. And when Hitler attacked the Catholics, I was not a Catholic, and therefore, I was not concerned. And when Hitler attacked the unions and the industrialists, I was not a member of the unions and I was not concerned. Then, Hitler attacked me and the Protestant church — and there was nobody left to be concerned.
— Pastor Martin Niemoller, Congressional Record, October 14, 1968, vol. 114, p. 31636.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.
-Benjamin Franklin

"The closed door and the sealed lips are prerequisites to tyranny."
Stanton, Frank L.

...the mass media. What are they? They're huge corporations, massive corporations, linked up with even bigger corporations. They sell audiences to other businesses, namely advertisers. So when you turn on the television set, CBS doesn't make any money. They make money from the advertisers. You're the product that they're selling, and the same is true of the daily newspaper. They're huge corporations, selling audiences, potential consumers, to other businesses, all linked up closely to the government, especially the big media. What picture of the world do you expect them to present? - Noam Chomsky

The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin... Bankers own the earth. Take it away from them but leave them the power to create money, and, with a flick of a pen, they will create enough money to buy it back again... Take this great power away from them, or if you want to continue to be the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let bankers continue to create money and control credit. - Sir Joseph Stamp, former president of the Bank of England.

Silver Incubus said:
When Hitler came for the Jews... I was not a Jew, therefore, I was not concerned. And when Hitler attacked the Catholics, I was not a Catholic, and therefore, I was not concerned. And when Hitler attacked the unions and the industrialists, I was not a member of the unions and I was not concerned. Then, Hitler attacked me and the Protestant church — and there was nobody left to be concerned.
— Pastor Martin Niemoller, Congressional Record, October 14, 1968, vol. 114, p. 31636.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.
-Benjamin Franklin

"The closed door and the sealed lips are prerequisites to tyranny."
Stanton, Frank L.

...the mass media. What are they? They're huge corporations, massive corporations, linked up with even bigger corporations. They sell audiences to other businesses, namely advertisers. So when you turn on the television set, CBS doesn't make any money. They make money from the advertisers. You're the product that they're selling, and the same is true of the daily newspaper. They're huge corporations, selling audiences, potential consumers, to other businesses, all linked up closely to the government, especially the big media. What picture of the world do you expect them to present? - Noam Chomsky

The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin... Bankers own the earth. Take it away from them but leave them the power to create money, and, with a flick of a pen, they will create enough money to buy it back again... Take this great power away from them, or if you want to continue to be the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let bankers continue to create money and control credit. - Sir Joseph Stamp, former president of the Bank of England.
better than the stuff i posted

2 great quotes, one of 'em is in my sig here, the other's in my sig on the Kamelot forum.

PoisonSeed said:
Opinions are like as holes, everyone's got one.

Ptah Khnemu said:
Life is like a bag of potato chips made with fat substitute; It'll give you anal leakage.

I dunno. I never heard it 'till PoisonSeed said it. It probably is, but I like to keep my sayings short n' sweet. Besides, in the words of a wise man named Dane Cook:

Dane Cook said:
Everybody has that one friend that nobody likes, but you still hang out with anyway. You're always talking about them behind their back, but as soon as they're with you, you're cool with them. You're always like "God, I hate Carol so much-- Oh, hey Carol!!"
And if you don't have a friend like that, then you are that friend!!
It's pretty much the same concept.

I particularly like those last 2 quotes you posted Silver Incubus. If only everyone knew about the media and the banks working that way.

If by juvenile posts, you mean mine, I apologize, but the quotes really do have meaning other than being rediculous, stupid and juvenile.