Scott's right, the record industry is through........

All the "hype" you speak of for this album is small time internet bulletin board hype, this hype is all generated from a small amount of people who do nothing but download tunes and post messages.

I have to respectfully disagree with that. I just picked up the new issue of Revolver with Metallica on the cover and the first page I turn to, in the middle of the mag.......is a sweet half page add for "We've Come For You All". I believe that Anthrax will be pleased with how they do with this album. The hype is real and Sanctuary seems to be willing to push the product. I hope it continues.

Besides I can't listen too closely to anyone who thinks that a complete, absolute pile of shit like "Psycho Circus" is even worth mentioning. What an obviously blatent attempt to steal people's money that hunk of shit was. Atleast "Crazy Nights" had some good guitar playing and drumming as well. For fuck sake, the shit heads, Gene and Paul, didn't even let the only talented one in the band "ACE", contribute to the fucking song writing. Gene stated they trough out all but one (the worse) of Ace's songs because Gene didn't like them. (Yeah YOU FUCKING FAT PILE OF SHIT......PROBABLY BECAUSE IT WAS HEAVY AND ORIGINAL!!!!) I can't fucking STAND KISS anymore. They will never steal money from me again!!!

Rant over.

I am holding out hope that Anthrax's sells well enough to push on through for another release at some time in the future........I have already worn out my copy of "WCFYA".......

I don't know about the situation in US, but I believe in Europe it's getting better due Nuclear Blast, and even the Motörhead tour, I can see some kind of "renessaince". You're 100% right that these days people don't buy CDs-well I should say, they do. They buy crap CDs, the stuff Evan Seinfeld calls "mallcore" and pop trendy shit. You all would crap your pants and shoot yourself if you heard the "music" leading the charts in my country. God bless your Creeds and Linkin Parks. All the music industry is getting downward spiral of shit and as for the DL'ing thing, fuck that! I've been supporting this ass-spelunker institution for years, pushing my student money into these gaywads' pockets. Of course I burn the CDs! They are as expensive as manatees shit, and sorry, I just can't afford it. Yet I want to listen to the music and get new music. Of course I would never download or burn my favourite bands' records but it just isn't enough for me. Let's see how the record is gonna sell, and be glad for what Dutchy calls hardcore fanbase... and let's spread the fucking disease! Like the fucking SARS! (cough cough)
On the side... I quite like Psycho Circus... :hotjump:

dutchy said:
........Metallica is never gonna sell as much with the new album, because it's to heavy for all the "nothing else mathers"ballad fuckers, these are the people who make albums go platinum, youre nextdoor neighbour who never heard of Sacred reich , Testament, ST or whatever but claim to be heavy cause they have been to a Metallica show and have the Black album, but are nothing more then a bunch of faggots that buy whatever the radio/tv plays them and have never picked up a rockmagazine in theire life to find out what's really going on!!!!!!!!!
Trax4LifeBitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember 1997, Metallica show in Prague. LOAD tour. I am sitting on the ground, waiting for the concert, eating some crackers and listening to some background Alice In Chains from the speakers. Suddenly I spot two very beautiful girls just meters away from me. We smiled at each other and I came up to them. After a few sentences I couldn't have come up with anything better than "so girls, you are Metallica fans?" and they was like, "well, no... we just know the one slow song, you know, from the radio." I was like ".............alright." And then the concert started. First, "So What!". second "Creeping Death", followed by "Sad But True" and "Master Of Puppets" The chicks seemed not to believe their eyes and both of them left in half the show. See, that's how it works.

I was at a red light the other day and I turn and look over at the dude next to me. He's driving a 75,000 dollar luxury car yet he's flipping through a 200 cd case full of nothing but burned cd's . I can spot that Memorex logo from a mile away.

There was a 50 cent show about a month ago here in DC. They played 2 songs. That's it. Fucking bums if you ask me. How can you be a loyal fan to that shit? And then the promoter was trying to get his money back with no luck.

All this Anthrax internet hype is healthy in my opinion. Nobody buys zines anymore. I can't remember the last time I bought a copy of metal edge or hit parader. It's been at least 5 years. The only magazine I get is SI and Playboy. Occasionally, I'll pick up a copy of Guitar World if there's a song transcribed that I've had difficulties with figuring out on my own.

Metallica did the smart thing by including a dvd of their current line up playing every single song verbatim in a live setting. On a further note, they did the pussy thing by doing this sanitarium tour. I speculate they're afraid of going out on their own. They wouldn't sell out the mega arena's they once did.

M2. I don't know anyone that doesn't have it and I feel sorry for you (Ty and Justin). I'll tape it of course. Don't worry about that. But I only have one vcr. We'll figure something out if you haven't already. DirectTV and Dishnetwork. You guys have to get a dish. Its better than cable.

I was at a red light the other day and I turn and look over at the dude next to me. He's driving a 75,000 dollar luxury car yet he's flipping through a 200 cd case full of nothing but burned cd's . I can spot that Memorex logo from a mile away.
I've seen that a couple of times now - a poseur with a shitload of money doesn't buy the CD's, burns them instead, while the true music lovers, money or no money, buy their CD's ... This bums me even more because I, a full-time student part-time worker, have been spending close to 300$ CAN on CD's per month...

Did anyone read the Overkill artical in Metal Maniacs? In it Bobby says that the success they have had is enought to keep them out of day jobs support them in a good enough fashion that they dont want for anything and they can do what they love to do. Sometimes thats all your going to do. Most ppl in bands want to be rock start and have big bucks. But others just realise that there having it good with the 95thou they make playing to 900 fans in each city they visit and selling X amount of records. Would they like to make more? Sure but they know its better that a construction job or some other bs like that.
Where am I going wiht this? Hell, I don't know. I just thought his take on it was interesting.

Armored Thrax said:
All the "hype" you speak of for this album is small time internet bulletin board hype, this hype is all generated from a small amount of people who do nothing but download tunes and post messages.

I have to respectfully disagree with that. I just picked up the new issue of Revolver with Metallica on the cover and the first page I turn to, in the middle of the mag.......is a sweet half page add for "We've Come For You All". I believe that Anthrax will be pleased with how they do with this album. The hype is real and Sanctuary seems to be willing to push the product. I hope it continues.

Besides I can't listen too closely to anyone who thinks that a complete, absolute pile of shit like "Psycho Circus" is even worth mentioning. What an obviously blatent attempt to steal people's money that hunk of shit was. Atleast "Crazy Nights" had some good guitar playing and drumming as well. For fuck sake, the shit heads, Gene and Paul, didn't even let the only talented one in the band "ACE", contribute to the fucking song writing. Gene stated they trough out all but one (the worse) of Ace's songs because Gene didn't like them. (Yeah YOU FUCKING FAT PILE OF SHIT......PROBABLY BECAUSE IT WAS HEAVY AND ORIGINAL!!!!) I can't fucking STAND KISS anymore. They will never steal money from me again!!!

Rant over.

I am holding out hope that Anthrax's sells well enough to push on through for another release at some time in the future........I have already worn out my copy of "WCFYA".......

A: I wasn't trying to compare the merit of Crazy Nights vs. Psycho Circus, I just those two albums to illustrate my point about the record industry. A point you, ahem, obviously missed. Look at it through this lense. Crazy Nights is nearly double platinum, yet that tour averaged about 3,000 people. The Psycho Circus tour went to stadiums and domes, yet barely went gold. WHY? Because no one is buying records anymore. You and I can argue about which KISS albums are weaker than what, but what is the point.

B. A "Half Page" ad in Revolver (very intellectually stimulating reading btw) doesn't really equate to "hype" in my book. The label that supposedly did Anthrax so wrong, Elektra, put out FULL PAGE ad's in Billboard and Rolling Stone for Stomp. You'd think if Sanctuary were so "supportive" of this "hype" they could at least out do the promotional effort of Elektra.

As you know the best, there is a difference between Elektra' promotional effort for SOWN and for Stomp, which one do you mean?

I remember a TV commecial for Stomp. This was just before I started using the internet. I remember just sitting around doing nothing while the tube was on and I hear Fueled. I was like "fuck!! I know that voice.." If you ask me, the M2 thing is pretty fucking good promotion. They don't show it in interviews, but I'm sure Anthrax are stoked as hell to be doing it.

After I made my copies of the Street Team Flyer at Kinkos, I walked over to the Barnes & Noble. Bought my tall coffee of the day at the Starbucks inside, and checked out the magazine stand.
There's a 1/3 page ad for "We've Come For You All" in the June issue of Revolver, with Selloutica on the cover.
There's also a review for W.C.F.Y.A. They gave it 4 out of 5 stars. (I think it was a typo. The reviewer said very good things about the album, but forgot to print the 5th star.)

the guys in anthrax must do ok,few years between stomp and volume to wcfya2 albums,didnt they spend 300 grand on inside out video out of there own pockets????,there back catalogue would keep the royalty checks coming in,it mightnt be that much but it just keeps trickling for the rest of there lives!

MrThrax, no one is suggesting that the guys in Anthrax are poor, we are sort of debating how well the new album is getting promoted and how well it is gonna sell. I'm sure everyone in Anthrax is quite alright financially. They will probably have to find day jobs after their music career (John has hinted about what he wants to do for a while now) as even in their hey day I remember Scott saying "we're not rich, if we stopped Anthrax we'd have to get day jobs." I also have a John Bush interview from some magazine where they did a "lifestyles" type interview from his house, and he mentions that he and his then roommate don't run the air conditioner because it's "too expensive." I thought that was funny.

...just finished reading a 8 page Metallica article, and it lookes like the album is completely different them what they ever did before. James isn't singing , just screaming and cursing , no ballads and no guitar solo's!! They guy who did the interview was talkin about commercial suicide!!