Scouseisms

Su Jacko

Jul 12, 2003
Liverpool
Visit site
Hello!
reading this forum I have noticed quite a few scouse sounding words and phrases, not always from a Poolite, that's no bad thing...sooo

Where did you pick the words up? Do you use them in everyday conversation?
Do you ever manage to kid people up that your are a bona fide? hehe

they do though dont they though...
enfield.jpg

Strangelight said:
'like' is a Welsh thing as well like. so really, scouse dialect is actually stolen from everyone else, makes sense eh?
bunch of scallies went down to newport for a weekend and the local lingo was found on monday morning stripped bare and up on blocks :erk:

:lol: im almost out of my lacoste aftershave balm, its lasted up to now since christmas.

not bad at all, can u get me some more of that susie? :lol:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Marcus, Bromborough, Wirral
literally 6'7 or more. Massive skinny Eastern European looking man with learning difficulties. Constantly babbling and
talking about "Danny Boy" and "Ginger Monkeys" Often seen in the Odeon Cinema complex in Bromborough with several tickets for films but never
actually watching them. Also chewed the inside of his coat. Harmless and friendly but
absolutely nuts. Or maybe he was a Genius?

[/font]

It's funny how the Scouse dialect is similar to the one spoken where I live (Wyoming Valley, PA-it's often called the Coal Cracker dialect). This area was populated by Irish immigrants a long time ago,among others including the Polish,etc. People around here say things like "youse" and take away g's from the end of words (coming turns into comin'). We're also notorious for sliding words together like "djeet yet"? "No, djoo"?,"whatcha doin'?"... Our t's sound like d's bottle=boddle. I don't have as much of an accent as I used to have, which is due to unapproving stares from professors the past four years. I'm half Irish (if this explains anything) mixed with Welsh, Italian, and Slovak.

Purple Aki no way my mar used to tell me that if I drank cider ebery friday night on the bongs like all the other kids he wud get me on my drunken way home.