scouts thread

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
ok, all "nerdz" who were in scouts raise your hand

i thought i was the only one here! not many metalheads in scouts back home

anyways

eagle in 99 (i had just turned 14. yes it IS possible)
vigil in 01 (nic mesacowa winnesi translates to "wild red hair". funny story)
silver palm
jamboree in 97
philmont in 00
did camp staff for 3 years at camp melakwa up in oregon (the only REAL camp still around. fuck dining halls!) and last year in okinawa
lots of other stuff

so, talk about the good ole days?
~gR~

Scouting was really great for me. Taught me a great many things and instilled values in me. It gave me a great many positive experiences. It's a shame about their religious bigotry though.

Eagle - 07
Philmont - 06
OA - 04 (I think)

So Eagle Scouts: What did you do for your service project? I landscaped a local Vietnam Veteran's Memorial in my cemetery

BEFORE
47b7db20b3127cce98548ab41af400000017100AbMWbdqzcsWMA

DURING
47b7db20b3127cce98548aa19bd100000017100AbMWbdqzcsWMA

AFTER
:( Couldn't find a pic as most are on my old comp. Oh well, it looks nice :)

my whole patrol (7 out of 8 got eagle) built up this certain church camp. i did permanent benches at each cabin and at the basketball court. pretty cheap i know... but we actually used an auger to drill the holes in the ground, water treated em, etc... quality work

that camp looked awesome when we were done with it.
~gR~

It's too bad about your troop Nec. I made some great friends with both other Scouts and the Adult Leaders and we got to camp or do some activity every month. The highlight was usually April when we went on a longer (4 days) trip to places like NYC, DC, Gettysburg and Philadelphia

yeah, i still have alot of friends from scouting. even from my old (now defunct) troop in oregon.

did anyone cross over into venture crew? my scoutmaster also ran a crew. i was the only guy. 8:1 ratio is pretty good! i probably enjoyed the crew more than a normal troop. i mean, since i was older than most scouts and already had my eagle, i was just going to troop meetings to teach the other kids.
~gR~

I still am good friends with two guys from my troop. Last night was the bachelor party for one of them and I really pissed him off by not saying goodbye to him when I left to go somewhere else because of how bored I was.

Oh, those were the days...

Back in grade school, we always have this annual camping trips that we enjoyed so much.
That's from 3rd grade up to 6th grade... Then I've become a Senior Scout in 3rd and 4th year High School.

Most Memorable camping trip would be back in 6th Grade and our Senior Scouts Camping Trip in Lobo, Batangas where we also get drunk under the Funeral Moon! haha... I also remember we met some fine chicks back there... we were still young back then, and these chicks were already
in college...

Anyways, hiking and mountaineering is the shit. Plus setting up tents, sleeping besides the ocean, waking up oh so damn early for the daily exercise, tying different knots, setting up bonfires, cooking food the primitive way and of course, the over-all joy and spirit of camping...

Currently, I like to go mountaineering again... 7 years have passed since my last hike...