Scratchy Noise When Chugging?

MissesMadeline

New Metal Member
Feb 5, 2012
Hey everyone I have this wierd high pitched scratchy noise whenever I chug. It could be caused by the pick but im not completely sure. I tried EQ'ing, Noise Gating, and a whole of other stuff but no luck. And it really isn't my playing which is causing this because I am playing it EXTREMELY tight. Can anyone PLEASE help me out with this? I've been searching countless hours and I cant find anything. :mad:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57961645/Test Guitar.mp3

Amp sim? That's probably the problem other than maybe the wiring not being shielded or grounded well enough, not saying that's the case here just throwing out ideas.

i can't hear anything wrong with this, except for the robotic playing. the scratches are probably just from the combination of bright strings and your picking style (do you hold the pick at an angle when you palm mute?)

If you are using an amp sim then its most likely that. They all have this overlying scratchiness you just can't get rid of without completely killing the tone

Lower your pickups

^ This, and maybe make sure your hand isn't making your chugs sound sharp. The closer your hand moves to the neck when palm muting, the sharper the note sounds. So maybe move it further back on the bridge ever so slightly?

Edit: Picking hand by the way, hehe.