Screamers... Ugh.

Ah, thanks guys! Pig squeals...Yes I know those! Never heard it referred to as "inhale singing" though. I can't really stand the music that tends to go along with that style in the modern sense, so I've never paid much attention.

Hey guys,

this is my first post.. i've been lerking around forums reading some tips on recording(trying to teach myself how to do it..its going good so far!), but never actually signed up. but after reading this thread, i decided too!

anyways, reading about pig squeels and "inhales" and how some people didn't know what they were..so i thought i'd post this video of this guy who calls himself "Big Chocolate".. hes Vocalist in such bands like: Disfiguring the godess, Malodorous and Misericordiam. Which he does alot of "pig squeels" and "inhales" type stuff.. but "exhales" instead of inhales.. heres video:

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QnO8NuqfvWI[/ame]

I thought i'd post to give a little light to those who don't know what they are and not what that douche bag was doing in American Idol.

So I watched both DVDs all the way through. Zen of screaming 1 has alot of exstra comentary that I could have done without but very cool non the less.

Zen of screaming 2 was very interesting because I have never even tried to scream so seeing the mechanics of it was interesting. But I'm guessing that most of you guys don't push the second video because of the mic cupping segment? The way she does it seems to be more for tone so I thought "meh" but I think if a newb saw it he wouldn't hesitate to grab your LDC with his hand :lol:.

Hey guys,

this is my first post.. i've been lerking around forums reading some tips on recording(trying to teach myself how to do it..its going good so far!), but never actually signed up. but after reading this thread, i decided too!

anyways, reading about pig squeels and "inhales" and how some people didn't know what they were..so i thought i'd post this video of this guy who calls himself "Big Chocolate".. hes Vocalist in such bands like: Disfiguring the godess, Malodorous and Misericordiam. Which he does alot of "pig squeels" and "inhales" type stuff.. but "exhales" instead of inhales.. heres video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QnO8NuqfvWI

I thought i'd post to give a little light to those who don't know what they are and not what that douche bag was doing in American Idol.

Thanks for that dude. Still not keen on that vocal style, seems a lack of presence and almost like a weird filter on the vox. Guess I'll always prefer guys like Mikael Akerfeldt, Nergal, Chuck Schuldiner (older stuff).

Hey guys,

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QnO8NuqfvWI

seriously, how the fuck can any one listen to 'music' with 'screaming' like that.
what a load of shit

Haha, well, I might phrase it a bit more like COBHC (and dude, when you say "older stuff," I assume you're only referring to Schuldiner, cuz I really don't wanna consider myself being a fan of "older stuff" just cuz I don't like this "BREE" crap - I'm only 21 for chrissakes! :ill: ) Greyskull, but I definitely share the sentiment.

Ahhhh, metal has finally fallen victim to the pop music shelf life bullshit. Oh no, you like something that was recorded a week ago? So not cool. If you don't like a band that did thier first recording this morning, you're not cool, regardless of how terrible it is.

It's a sad way of not having to live up to the standards of bands that are better than you. Who gives a crap when it was done. Good is good, crap is crap.

Umm, where did that come from? If that was directed at me, I said that I DIDN'T wanna consider myself a fan of "older stuff," because I love tons of music that came out recently - just not music from that style that came out recently, though it has nothing to do with its age

Not directed at you, it's a general comment and seemed applicable to a couple of posts i've seen in this thread and others.

One of the reasons i've liked metal was it didn't seem to have so much of the here today gone 5 minuted from now thing.

When I see the topic of a music's releveance being gauges by how old it is it's kinda dissapointing.

Haha, well, I might phrase it a bit more like COBHC (and dude, when you say "older stuff," I assume you're only referring to Schuldiner, cuz I really don't wanna consider myself being a fan of "older stuff" just cuz I don't like this "BREE" crap - I'm only 21 for chrissakes! :ill: ) Greyskull, but I definitely share the sentiment.

Lol, it wasn't meant like that at all dude, I'm only 22 myself, and it's not so much the fact that this is the new wave of metal and all bands are doing this vocal style. I guess it is becoming more popular, but I wouldn't ever consider anyone as a retro fan or whatever because they don't like it. There's plenty of other fresh bands who don't adopt this style, I guess for some reason this is just more popular. Overall IMO as long as you like it, who gives a fuck whether it's classed as old or new shit? Just enjoy it :headbang: