Screamfest Metal Festival 31/12/09-01/01/10

Stormster

Somewhere Far Beyond
Sep 13, 2005
Sydney, NSW
Since Metal Evilution has contributed so much to Aussie metal, this festival should be discussed on this forum. It runs over 2 days, at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney. Tickets for DAY ONE are $137.50 (over 18s only), DAY TWO are $127.50 (All Ages!), and a combined TWO DAY PASS is $195.70 (over 18s only). The running sheet is as follows (but subject to change):

Running sheet
DAY 1: Thursday 31ST December 2009
Doors Open: 5.00pm
MAIN STAGE:
5.10pm - 5.35pm: DARKER HALF
5.50pm - 6.20pm: VANISHING POINT
6.35pm - 7.05pm: SYNPERIUM
7.20pm - 8.00pm: SPAWN OF POSSESSION (SWEDEN)
8.15pm - 9.15pm: ROTTING CHRIST (GREECE)
9.35pm - 10.35pm: DESTROYER 666 (AUSTRALIA)
10.55pm - 11.55pm: SONATA ARCTICA (FINLAND)
12.25am - 1.25am: DESTRUCTION (GERMANY)

DAY 2: Friday 1ST January 2010
Doors Open: 12.00pm
MAIN STAGE:
12.15pm - 12.45pm: DEFAMER
1.05pm - 1.35pm: UNIVERSUM
1.55pm - 2.25pm: KILLRAZER
2.45pm - 3.15pm: VIRGIN BLACK
3.35pm - 4.05pm: EYEFEAR
4.25pm - 4.55pm: EOTE
5.15pm - 5.45pm: BLACK MAJESTY
6.10pm - 7.10pm: ENSIFERUM
7.35pm - 8.35pm: CYNIC (USA)
9.00pm - 10.00pm: DARK FUNERAL (SWEDEN)
10.25pm - 11.25pm: EDGUY (GERMANY)

Discuss..... :headbang::kickass::headbang:

So fuck yeah, Black Majesty, Eyefear, and EDGUY!!!!! I have other committments for day one, so i might not go then, may have to miss Vanishing Point, Darker Half, and Sonata Arctica :mad: but nothing will stop me from attending day two, i wont miss EDGUY!!!! Still haven't got my tickets yet, still undecided on whether i should go on day one.... I will probably miss sonata so the dilemma i have is whether Vanishing Point and Dark half are worth the $70 extra it is for me to purchase a two day pass instead of just a day two pass.... Who knows, we'll see what happens.

Fuck me, ENSIFERUM!!!! I don't mind the vocals, coz the music is SO FUCKING AWESOME! They're like Elvenking, and i really dig Elvenking. Can't wait to rock out to Ensiferum!!!! :kickass:

8 internationals (9 including DESTROYER 666 who are based in Europe now anyways) pretty much justify the price. Each one should they tour seperate would be at least $50 so do the maths plus add in all the oz acts and it is definitely worth the price. Unless of course your just not much of a fan of the bands playing which i can unfortunately do nothing about. I think it's a fantastic line up and will make more people happy who like all styles of Metal as it is a real diverse mix of Metal!
I really look forward to it and must add how stoked we are to have DARKER HALF involved as well!:kickass:

Im only going for a couple of bands, but i reckon the idea of having so many different genres is a good one because it makes for a bigger crowd. It is expensive, but any other mainstream gig these days is just as expensive. And as Dave said, so many internationals are coming out, so if you did happen to like all the bands on the bill, you'd be getting a bargain. Seeing as i have no family commitments or anything, I'll be supporting this sorta thing for sure. A multi-day metal show with many internationals is something we need more of down here! Fuck yeah!

looking forward to this:Spin:

got a ticket in the front row upstairs (new years eve only).Most people i know will probably be downstairs in the general admission but i have enough trouble getting through a two hour gig these days so i decided to get a reserved seat.

will be there early to see Darker Half!

I said I understand the price.
It's not that diverse a gig either... but I think all those who do go will have an awesome time. I'll probably just sit at home, play with myself and sleep early.

Screamfest2lowres.jpg

Go DARKER HALF down in the wee bottom right hand corner!!!:kickass:

Got my ticket for both days... cannot wait :)

And I thought from day one that price was a bargain- Dream Theater alone were $130 last year (dunno how much this time), so I have no problem spending $60 more to see most of my favourite bands.

Bands i'm mainly going to see (still looking forward to most others too though)-
Edguy
Sonata Arctica
Virgin Black
Ensiferum
Rotting Christ
Vanishing Point

And Cynic soudns like a band i'd really like so ill try to get into them

So pissed Ensiferum have been moved to the 2nd night. I only bought a ticket for NYE, only caring to see Destruction and Ensiferum.

So pissed Ensiferum have been moved to the 2nd night. I only bought a ticket for NYE, only caring to see Destruction and Ensiferum.

Yeah surprising to me as they would have make a great NYE set. Very much drinking Metal!
Oh well i'm sure most people will stay drunk for both days so it's irrelevent although yeah kinda sucks for you dude. Consolation, Afterparty up the street at my place Nitro but don't tell anyone ok?

Damn...i posted that out loud didn't i? :erk:

Ensiferum, Eyefear, Black Majesty, and Edguy!! Fuck yes! Depepnding on how far your house is form the venue Dave, i may come over (if you're invitation was serious lol). I think i'll only go to day 2 tho.