Screamfest Metal Festival 31/12/09-01/01/10

Just Say Rock are advertising a boat cruise departing Sydney harbour at 4pm on 2nd January 2009 (the day after screamfest), which returns at 7pm. But they dont say what bands are playing... Anyone have an idea?

No bands. It's just a lovely cruise. HAHAHA!

I don't know whether you are serious.... At first i thought it was bands, then a DJ, but then i thought thatit would be pretty shit to pay over $100 just to have a metal DJ. But now im re-evaluating my stance.

JUST SAY ROCK BOAT CRUISE

There are still a few spots left on the Just Say Rock boat cruise around Sydney harbour. Taking place on the 2nd of January, the cruise includes BBQ Dinner, unlimited beer, wine and soft drink, all served up with another dose of metal music.
The cruise has been met with a very positive response and all signs point to a great day/night out. Places are selling fast so don't hesitate to book yourself a spot and round off the Screamfest extravaganza in style!
The cruise departs from Darling Harbour at 4pm and will return at 7pm. Cost is $111.00 per person bookings are through www.justsayrock.com.au

Don't forget to check us out on Twitter and Facebook to keep up with all the latest news and deals from the Just Say Rock team...

Dude unlimited beer and food etc is obviously part of the cost. There may even be some Metal celebs floating around too. (pun intended)
Well you'll have me for a start. Ain't i worth it?:lol:

To be honest Dave, I'd rather put that $111 to fly to melbourne and see edguy again!! But ive already looked into it, its gonna cost me a good $500 to see them, thats just too much. I'd only spend that much for a Transcending Mortality reunion, or to see Maiden perform Brave New World or Dance of Death in their entirety, live.

http://www.metalobsession.net/tobias-eggi-exxel-edguy-22102009

In regards to screamfest, checkout the above link. An interview conducted by Anwar from Metal Obsession with Tobias Exxel, Edguy's drummer. He says they're hoping to perform 2-3 songs off Vain Glory Opera, Mandrake, and Theater of Salvation. Fuck yes!!! I wonder if Hansi will be on guest vocals for Vain Glory Opera (he was guest on that song right? or perhaps another on that album!). I need my Hansi fix! Fuck i love blind guardian!!

To be honest Dave, I'd rather put that $111 to fly to melbourne and see edguy again!! But ive already looked into it, its gonna cost me a good $500 to see them, thats just too much. I'd only spend that much for a Transcending Mortality reunion, or to see Maiden perform Brave New World or Dance of Death in their entirety, live.

http://www.metalobsession.net/tobias-eggi-exxel-edguy-22102009

In regards to screamfest, checkout the above link. An interview conducted by Anwar from Metal Obsession with Tobias Exxel, Edguy's drummer. He says they're hoping to perform 2-3 songs off Vain Glory Opera, Mandrake, and Theater of Salvation. Fuck yes!!! I wonder if Hansi will be on guest vocals for Vain Glory Opera (he was guest on that song right? or perhaps another on that album!). I need my Hansi fix! Fuck i love blind guardian!!

Tobias Exxel is the bassist, mate. :)

I highly doubt Hansi would come down to Australia to perform with Edguy but that would be an awesome sight indeed if it happened. I'm really looking forward to Metal Month. It's going to be amazing.

I know he's the bassist! I wrote bassist on other places that i posted yo ur link, dunno why i posted drummer here!! Edguy is gonna rule!

Got my ticket for the Just SaY Rock cruise even though i still have no idea what is happening.I figure i will drink $100 worth of alcohol anyway so it is a good investment i think.:headbang::kickass:

I'll keep this brief as your all entitled to your opinions and of course not everyone is going to agree on it all.
But being in constant contact with JSR i can tell you that there is no prob with the fest going ahead. No other bands are expected to be removed or pull out themselves.
Sales for the fest itself have been solid but of course the side shows were included to help finance the fest as it costs a lot to bring all these bands down here as you'd expect.
The side shows for all the other acts are selling fine with some like EDGUY and ENSIFIRUM doing really really well indeed.
The bottom line is DESTRUCTION's sideshows were selling very poorly even compared to all the others and when there was no choice but to cancel them DESTRUCTION wouldn't lower there fee for coming here for just the fest so the end result has happened.
I think it's pretty unfair that everyone automatically slings their anger towards the promoter. An unsung job if there ever was one.
MALEVOLENT CREATION are happy to play for a reasonable cost and had DESTRUCTION been as flexible they still would have been on the bill.
End of story.

I still can't wait for the fest and hope those niggling at it will just enjoy what is still going to be the best NYE in Sydney since i had DARKER HALF play the Harp!:lol::lol:

p.s. That wasn't brief at all it seems?:Smug:

I feel bad for Liam..... but yeah, I mean what can you do, if what Dave said is true, then i understand why it was done. Who can you blame? Probably the poor metal fan base in Australia i suppose.

Yeah Destruction had only sold five tickets in Brisbane and 35/36 for their Melbourne show.
There was really no point, the financial backers of JSR would've lost thousands of dollars if they had kept them.
Also, Ensiferum moving to the second night was actually the bands choice themselves.

Anywho, 20 days, 19 hours and 40 minutes until I board my place to fly down. Chyeah, I'm excited.
So amazingly keen for Sonata, Ensiferum, Edguy and Vanishing Point. Also, so excited for the Defamer boys.
They almost shat themselves when they first played at the Enmore when they supported Bodom so the thought of how they'll be this time around [their second time] amuses me. ^_^