Screamfest Metal Festival 31/12/09-01/01/10

Ferret is talking me into attending the melbourne shows and not attending screamfest.... We'll see. Atleast in Melb i can attend both Sonata Arctica/Vanishing Point (which i will miss in Sydney due to work) and Edguy/Black Majesty (which I'd be seeing in Sydney anyway). As i said, we'll see. Either way hope all shows are a success.

Cynic are okay too!

Hey whatever suits the punter best i understand.
Just remember though with Sydney turnouts on the slide not supporting what we have up here could really put the nails in our Metal scenes coffin.
It seems to be an alarming trend for people to skip shows here and fly to Bris or Melbourne.
I'm surprised that more Sydney siders aren't honoured and proud that our city was chosen to host this fest?

I'm honoured that the fest is in Sydney! It's so much better than having to travel, that's for sure!

Mind you, there's still a good chance I'm heading down to Melbourne for a few of the sideshows!

I promised my girl id take her out, so i have to honour that commitment, thats if i get time off work. So im pretty fucked for Sonata. But dont worry dave, ill be at the new years day screamfest - going to melb would just be too expensive. Rock on and ill see you there!

Ferret is talking me into attending the melbourne shows and not attending screamfest.... We'll see. Atleast in Melb i can attend both Sonata Arctica/Vanishing Point (which i will miss in Sydney due to work) and Edguy/Black Majesty (which I'd be seeing in Sydney anyway). As i said, we'll see. Either way hope all shows are a success.

Cynic are okay too!

I'm with Dave on this one,

I don't see the point in traveling to Melbourne to see these bands instead of going to screamfest...

Once you factor in flights, accommodation, fucking around getting to places and the ticket prices it would be cheaper for those living in Sydney to attend the AWESOME Sydney line up, :kickass::headbang::kickass: Plus you get more bang for your buck so to speak,

If you said Ferret was talking you into both screamfest and Melbourne then that would be a different story...

I don't think there's that big of a similarity between supporting the International scene and the local scene. I think this gig is great, just am too alcoholic to put aside money for it... well and now I'm going to QLD for xmas/nye. Damn family interstate events.
Anybody here from Brisbane know of any gigs to check out from the 24th of Dec to the 3rd of Jan?

^^ He makes sence :D

well and now I'm going to QLD for xmas/nye. Damn family interstate events.
Anybody here from Brisbane know of any gigs to check out from the 24th of Dec to the 3rd of Jan?

I too will be suffering from the family interstate events, xmas in Brisbane... there isn't much happening in Brisbane over xmas and new years from what I have looked up so far which really isnt a suprise,

but on the 3rd Sonata Arctica, Ensiferum, Vanishing Point are ment to be playing at HiFi, :headbang:

other then that I havnt found much to be on,

non Metal for NYE there is the fierworks dont bother going early though like you would in sydney as I found out a couple of years ago I turned up at 1pm to "stake out my spot" and we were the only one there for hours hahaha,

I'm with Dave on this one,

I don't see the point in traveling to Melbourne to see these bands instead of going to screamfest...

Once you factor in flights, accommodation, fucking around getting to places and the ticket prices it would be cheaper for those living in Sydney to attend the AWESOME Sydney line up, :kickass::headbang::kickass: Plus you get more bang for your buck so to speak,

If you said Ferret was talking you into both screamfest and Melbourne then that would be a different story...

Coz it wouldnt be just going for the gigs. I would be going to have a mini-holiday with my partner and celebrate my friends return from the army. The two gigs in melbourne pretty much contain the only bands im interested in seeing anyway, but honestly, melb will cost too much, even with a free lift off of my mate (which is wat got me thinking about the melbourne adventure), so its pretty safe to say ill be attending day 2 of screamfest.

Vanishing Point are firmly locked away in the studio writing for their 5th studio album. The new record will be released in 2010 - currently there is no title.

Also - Vanishing Point gig dates for 09/10:

* Screamfest NYE 09 - Enmore Theatre Sydney
* Hi Fi Brisbane supporting Sonata Arctica
* Billboards the Venue Melbourne supporting Sonata Arctica

On stage with fellow Screamfest act SONATA ARCTICA (finland)

One of our countries premier Melodic Bands!!! Make sure you check them out at the fest.

http://www.vanishing-point.com.au/
http://www.myspace.com/vanishingpointofficial

Last edited by a moderator:
SYNPERIUM album artwork unveiled here...!!!
its been a bit of a wait but Synperiums first full length album is on the way.

here is the front cover artwork for the album ELEMENTAL DISHARMONY

artwork by JON HOCKING

album_announce_10_lowres.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/synperium

Sampy Arctica™;8761387 said:
Not much. Nothing really metal anyway, as you can see:

bil_NYE_a2_03.jpg

This one really makes me laugh only in Brisbane would a poster say NEW YEARS EVE in big clear text followed by on December 31st - coz I though NYE was on December 24 >_<

Only a few hours to go!!!

i am really hoping to make it there in time for Darker Half....i have to work this afternoon but will be doing everything i can to get there by 5.10pm