Screaming for Numbers

sixxswine said:
Let me worry about that. Seriously, If you're ever in the USA let me know.
You can stay at my place & then "we can crank the tunes!"
Sounds like a plan to me.

I will. I promise. Even if it means taking somewhat of a detour. If you ever come to Europe just let me know. I live very near to our national airport Schiphol.

How about that shit?! Seriously, I have been thinking of "Masterminding" some kind of UM Oldschool get together. You know all the regulars. Hooking up somewhere for 2-3 days & bullshittin' about metal/rock/thrash/punk... It could happen. We would have to meet somewhere "rock n roll." Like San Francisco? A placed that spawned some great music!

sixxswine said:
How about that shit?! Seriously, I have been thinking of "Masterminding" some kind of UM Oldschool get together. You know all the regulars. Hooking up somewhere for 2-3 days & bullshittin' about metal/rock/thrash/punk... It could happen. We would have to meet somewhere "rock n roll." Like San Francisco? A placed that spawned some great music!
Yes I would like that. We'll have to see when it would be possible. The best time for me is during my summer holiday. 6 weeks of, no work. I could go for that. :hotjump:

Brain....overloading...can't handle...question.....*BOOM!*

Well, that's a mess. Anyhoo, i pick Priest. Why? Well, Priest is one of my top 5 favorite bands of all-time, i dunno why, but i just like them more than the mighty Maiden. And Rob is my favorite singer OF ALL TIME. Screaming IS a classic, You Got Another Thing Comin', Bloodstone, Riding On The Wind, Hellion/Electric Eye, the title track, but it's not their best. That one goes to Stained Class. :)

Definately a tough question, as both bands belong to my favorits as well. If I consider with albums of these two bands I listen to more often it is probably first "Iron Maiden" then "Piece of Mind" then "British Steel". So, my vote goes to Iron Maiden. Why ? I have no idea.

The only time Priest have every toured Australia was on the Demolition Tour about a week or 2 before Live In London was recorded in England. I saw them in Melbourne on that tour, Scott Travis was amazing and the band rocked, but even though Ripper sounded great he was no Halford :(

They promised they'd be back on the next tour, and now Halford's back so hopefully I will get to see them with Halford!! And hopefully with him back they'll be playing a bigger venue with a full stage show (they didn't even have the motorbike when I saw them, it was at a hotel that only holds about 2000 people!). Same place Megadeth played.

My fave Priest albums are Painkiller, Defenders Of The Faith, British Steel, Ram It Down and Turbo, then Screaming For Vengeance is after them! I know most people hate Turbo but I think it has great songs and awesome production, I couldn't care less that its more commercial. It's a great rock & roll album!

As far as Maiden go, I'm bitter with them. They haven't been to Australia since 1992 (when I was only 9 years old!) and the last 2 tours they've PROMISED they'd come, Bruce even came out to do promotional stuff in 2000 and said "yeah we'll be here in October!" on radio then next thing without even officially cancelling they just announce all these dates everywhere else and forget to include Australia. Everyone got pissed off, so they said they'd come on the next tour.... when this tour was announced they said they'd be here and all the rumours were flying that they'd be here in January/February, then they announce on their website they can't make it here. Yet they can go to Japan which is only a few hours away and still just as far from the rest of the world as we are? Pffft!

sixxswine said:

Ya know what Sixx Great minds think alike :D I was talking to Bryant about that like a month ago its a great fukin Idea I think it would be a BLAST We should Do it for real ........ And personally I am willing to Travel anywhere in the country I dont care =) I will buy the Plane tickets and go! Anyway Yeah lets fuking Do this :headbang:

JonnyD said:
Ya know what Sixx Great minds think alike :D I was talking to Bryant about that like a month ago its a great fukin Idea I think it would be a BLAST We should Do it for real ........ And personally I am willing to Travel anywhere in the country I dont care =) I will buy the Plane tickets and go! Anyway Yeah lets fuking Do this :headbang:
Yeah, let's do this!

sixxswine said:
Yeah, let's do this!

Well one of the things we would have to do is save money For hotel costs and shit like that and well a bunch of MetalHeads out on the town that could get expensive :D We should plan it far enough ahead so that anyone that wants to get involved has enough time to save up some cash request the days off from work and stuff like that this could be great,what a time we could have :)

JonnyD said:
Well one of the things we would have to do is save money For hotel costs and shit like that and well a bunch of MetalHeads out on the town that could get expensive :D We should plan it far enough ahead so that anyone that wants to get involved has enough time to save up some cash request the days off from work and stuff like that this could be great,what a time we could have :)
Another thing we could do is meet at a festival/concert. I met a bunch of prog-metal buddies at Prog-Power IV. They will have a Prog-power V but I don't know how many of you guys here are into prog and power metal. I don't really know of any oldschool festivals though. : (

If that doesn't work out (festival/concert,) we can get each other's address and I can figure out a big city that is more or less in-between all of us.

Bryant

I am very much into prog-metal. But I doubt everybody on this board is. As for the location, I must come from The Netherlands [look it up on a map] but I don't mind. I alway's wanted to vistit SF. When I am there I want to shop @ Laissez-Faire books :)

Hawk said:
I am very much into prog-metal. But I doubt everybody on this board is. As for the location, I must come from The Netherlands [look it up on a map] but I don't mind. I alway's wanted to vistit SF. When I am there I want to shop @ Laissez-Faire books :)
I don't need to look it up. I have been to Holland. I was an exchange student and stayed with a family in Belgium and toured Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, France and Holland. Holland was great !! I hope to visit again soon. ^___^

Bryant

i agree painkiller is underrated! i like turbo, bs, sad wings as well (hell yeah the ripper!)

ram it down has some cheesy stuff on it as well, but its not bad

as for the question ... sif i can choose. arent you all the better off for that answer! haha.
seriously, both great albums, i love maiden and priest, i cant choose.

I seriously love this idea of all of us meeting! I really want to do that! And it can be really anywhere in the USA, though I prefer it being within California, but if not, no problems, but it has to be sometime while I'M on break from school, like this winter break where i'm off for a month, spring break, summer break, whatever.