Everything Judas Priest

MURAI

-
Nov 6, 2002
Canada
I bought 'Screaming for Vengeance' and I love The Hellion, Electric Eye and You've Got Another Thing Coming. This is my first Priest album and what other albums do you all suggest I get?

Or you can just talk about anything Judas Priest here.

MY FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME!!!!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Here, i'll give you my top 5, well actually 4, since you already have Screaming For Vengeance.

Stained Class
Defenders of the Faith
Sad Wings of Destiny
Painkiller

Knowing your musical taste, you might dig Painkiller the most. It's hands down, one of their heaviest albums.

:worship: :worship: LONG LIVE THE PRIEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship: :worship:

Greatest band...Ever!:headbang: Glad to hear you discovered the band. I would highly suggest just about anything they have ever done...except maybe turbo, which wasn't exactly a shining moment in jp history. Overall, most of there material is top notch though. :headbang:

halford.jpg

must go with Stained class and Painkiller!!! I think the Painkiller tour was the best I've seen from them other than the first time I saw them in '83.

I forgot about Point of Entry (another of my faves). Certainly the mellowest of Priest's ablums, but some of the most memorable songs ever. Judging from my observations of MURAI's tastes though, PoE aint' gonna cut it for him. He best steer for the heavier stuff (i.e. Stained Class or Painkiller).

NP: Icarus Witch - Capture the Magic

Priest's albums are usually quite different from each other.

After Screaming, Defenders is the most closely related, song-wise.

If you want another side of Priest, check out "Hell Bent for Leather" or "British Steele"....both have heavy as hell moments, and then more commerical tracks.

"Sad Wings", "Sin After Sin" and "Stained Class" are all epic, sometimes theatric Priest, ane eack slays!!

Literally, with Priest, you'll find little to fault, although their late 80s output left a little to be desired (Ram in Down, Turbo), but both still have their shining moments.

kittybeast said:
halford.jpg

must go with Stained class and Painkiller!!! I think the Painkiller tour was the best I've seen from them other than the first time I saw them in '83.

Yeah, I saw Halford come out on stage on a bike last summer. I heard they were theatrical but I never thought they even had a bike ready.

JonnyD said:
Murai Dude! Get 98' Live Meltdown!!!!! Do it do it do it!!! its a fanmotherfuckingtastic live album!!!! and Painkiller ofcourse :)

:cool:

Yes, I think I'll get Sad Wings of Destiny or Painkiller next folks. I dont buy live albums though.

SoundMaster said:
Priest's albums are usually quite different from each other.
And that's why they're my favorite band ever, they (almost) never released the same album twice, always adding fresh things to their sound, always going in different directions and kicking ass. Even doing a record such as Turbo was a "good" decision IMO.

That reminds me that we were talking about it with Hawk yesterday, and I think that Sin After Sin is one of the most if not their most underrated record. 70's Priest plain ruled!

being a long time priest fan everyones' suggestions are great! My two cents? don't pass up "hell bent for leather!!!!!!!!!" one of the best from 70's era(all are great though from that time!)

MURAI said:
Yeah, I saw Halford come out on stage on a bike last summer. I heard they were theatrical but I never thought they even had a bike ready.

Halford has brought on stage a harley at least 3 times I've seen them. Blue Oyster Cult has done the same for Born to be Wild.

Sad Wings Of Destiny
Sin After Sin
Stained Class
Hell Bent For Leather
Unleashed In The East
British Steel
Painkiller