Everything Judas Priest

Your next album should defenatly be Painkiller, then Stained Class and then British Steel. Ram it Down wasn't mentioned, but I think that was a kickass album as well.

Defenders, British Steel, Unleashed In the East

The last one there being a good cross-section of the stuff that came before it with a more modern, heavy sound than the album versions. Plus, the version of Victim Of Changes is definitive in my book, and that may just be their best song.

Evil? said:
Greatest band...Ever!:headbang: Glad to hear you discovered the band. I would highly suggest just about anything they have ever done...except maybe turbo, which wasn't exactly a shining moment in jp history. Overall, most of there material is top notch though. :headbang:

I can fully agree to this comment! Except of Turbo you can get everything and love it. My favorite is British Steel.

MURAI said:
:cool:

Yes, I think I'll get Sad Wings of Destiny or Painkiller next folks. I dont buy live albums though.

hahaha you reeeeeeeeeeeally have to trust me on that one! if you only ever buy 1 live album the exception should be 98' Live!!! I did not like JP before I heard that one as far as live albums go its top notch :D

MURAI said:
I bought 'Screaming for Vengeance' and I love The Hellion, Electric Eye and You've Got Another Thing Coming. This is my first Priest album and what other albums do you all suggest I get?

Or you can just talk about anything Judas Priest here.

Murai is never too late for Judas Priest. SFV was also my first JP album (back in 83 tho' :lol: ), and I understand the feelings.

I'll say departing from SFV that you get...all of them :p, but maybe in the following order (IMO):

1. "Defenders Of The Faith" (their best ever!)
  2. "Stained Class"
  3. "Sin After Sin"
  4. "Sadwings Of Destiny"
  5. "Painkiller"
  6. "Unleashed In The East"
  7. "Hell Bent For Leather"
  8. "British Steel"
  9. "Ram It Down"
  10. "Turbo"
  11. "Rockarolla"
  12. "Angel of Retribution"
  13. "Point Of Entry"
  14. "Priest Live"
  15. "Jugulator"*
  16. "Metal Meltdown"*
  17. "Demolition"*
* optionals for the sake of completion

Is it Judas Priest ranking time? Here's mine :)

1/ Sad Wings of Destiny / Stained Class / Defenders of the Faith / Painkiller (All equal because they were all very influential landmarks IMO)
5/ Sin After Sin (their most underrated record)
6/ Screaming for Vengeance
7/ Killing Machine
----------------------------
8/ British Steel
9/ Angel of Retribution
10/ Turbo
11/ Ram It Down
12/ Point of Entry
13/ Rocka Rolla
14/ Jugulator
15/ Demolition

I'm not including live albums. Priest in the East owns them all anyway :headbang:

Fangface said:
Is it Judas Priest ranking time? Here's mine :)

1/ Sad Wings of Destiny / Stained Class / Defenders of the Faith / Painkiller (All equal because they were all very influential landmarks IMO)
5/ Sin After Sin (their most underrated record)
6/ Screaming for Vengeance
7/ Killing Machine
8/ British Steel
9/ Angel of Retribution
10/ Turbo
11/ Ram It Down
12/ Point of Entry
13/ Rocka Rolla
14/ Jugulator
15/ Demolition

I'm not including live albums. Priest in the East owns them all anyway :headbang:

Cant disagree with this list. KK (or Glen, i forget) once said he'd like to record Rocka Rolla again with "Some of the balls Priest can deliver now".