* Samael
* Anathema
* Ihsahn
* Finntroll
* Volbeat
* Barren Earth
* Voivod
* Primordial

All bands mentioned thus far in this thread that I'd support wholeheartedly. Would love any of these.

Others that I'd love, and would be off the beaten path of ProgPower USA:

* Borknagar
* Arcturus
* Candlemass
* UneXpect
* Katatonia
* Korpiklaani
* Battlelore
* Ulver (expensive, likely)
* Paradise Lost
* Novembre (probably not a high-slot)

* My Dying Bride
* Tiamat
* Samael
* Anathema
* Ihsahn
* Finntroll
* Volbeat
* Barren Earth
* Voivod
* Primordial

All bands mentioned thus far in this thread that I'd support wholeheartedly. Would love any of these.

* Borknagar
* Arcturus
* Candlemass
* UneXpect
* Katatonia
* Korpiklaani
* Battlelore
* Paradise Lost

Quite the list :Smokedev:

Another one I would love to see. I just don't see it happening. If it was gonna happen, I think it would've been this year since Leprous is on the pre-show. Plus, I hear his fee is pretty damn high.

Remember that we're dealing with someone who got Conception to come play a show in the USA.

Be a little more positive. ;) Sure Ihsahn is expensive. I'm sure it's doable though. Book him, and give 3 lower slots to bands that would play just for the sake of playing the fest.

Unless the oddball is a hard rock band, then it rules.

\m/

I think the idea of putting an oddball band in a high slot is a potentially very good one because it could reinvigorate interest in the show during a time when it's normally waning. This is especially true if it's on Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

Since I've sometimes been tapped by Glenn as the de-facto "sponsor of the oddballs," I'm insanely curious as to who it is. :yow: :headbang:

I'm regarding this as the Official First Cryptic Hints Post from Glenn regarding next year, BTW. Future installments will include such tidbits as

(snip)
-- none of the bands hails from Antarctica
(snip)

etc.

:lol:

--

No GWAR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?

I am in the Ihsahn (or Borknagar) camp for sure. Yet, I have trouble seeing these bands and complete "WTF" moments. I feel like those moments generally stump the majority and maybe I am just being bias but I don't think Ihsahn would do that. Anyway, I do hope it's someone from the more extreme side of the progressive realm.

Maybe Glenn can pull miracles.......A PETRA REUNION! The oddballs of all oddballs, Christian prog! Glenn is going after the Christian market!:devil: All the Christians will pour in and PPUSA will sell out in 30 seconds. :tickled::tickled:

Ladies and Gentlemen ... from the Republic of Ireland ... Primordial !!! Yeah, right .. fat chance !!
That would be awesome. However, any of the Paganfest type bands would barely be a stretch any more. After Amorphis, Tyr and Turisas, I doubt anyone would even blink at the addition of a Primordial or most of the bands mentioned.

My guess would be a band that's got an underlying 80s Metal sound, someone like Taking Dawn or Hardcore Superstar. The other way he could go, is someone like Trivium. Personally, I'd be happy with any of these bands.

maybe it is Gotthard. Not really an oddball with being really different but more rock than metal. Thus being a band people may or may not like. Plus it has been tossed around here lots the past year.

maybe it is Gotthard. Not really an oddball with being really different but more rock than metal. Thus being a band people may or may not like. Plus it has been tossed around here lots the past year.

That would be my guess based on Glenn's answer to question #7 from the "No BS Interview." And they would be considered an oddball band, just like PC69 was.

Screw caution-I'll put this out there now. If its Coroner, I'll make the trip on that band playing alone. I promise.

* My Dying Bride
* Tiamat
* Samael
* Anathema
* Ihsahn
* Finntroll
* Volbeat
* Barren Earth
* Voivod
* Primordial

* Borknagar
* Arcturus
* Candlemass
* UneXpect
* Katatonia
* Korpiklaani
* Battlelore
* Paradise Lost

Good list but how is MDB right for the fest and Candlemass isn't? We've discussed this before, and I think Candlemass would do extremely well at Progpower. I also think that after DSO, Unexpect would do well. Katatonia? They could do it as well, though I don't see it.

When I think oddball, I think Rock Sugar or Steel Panther :)

And for the record, I'd definitely make sure I was there come hell or highwater if he pulled of a Petra reunion with Greg X Volz belting out tunes from their albums from 1981-1984 :worship:

I'm not a big Steel Panther fan, but I could deal with it. I'll just get all shit-faced and I'm sure it would be fun. I'd rather see
a tongue in cheek 80's hair band knockoff than some of the serious hard rock acts that have been mentioned in this thread.

Britt

I would flip the heck out if that were the case, but I think Gotthard is just too big for this event. Aren't they pretty much at Bon Jovi status in Europe?