SD video premiere... my mix

James Murphy

Mar 26, 2002
here's the link to watch the premiere of System Divide's "The Apex Doctrine" video, the first single from their upcoming "The Conscious Sedation" full-length debut on Metal Blade Records, which i mixed:

http://blanktv.com/premiere/

definitely worth choosing one of the HD viewing options and going full-screen!

Badass. Great video, great mix, very unique band and blend of styles. I wasn't sure I liked it the first time through, but I wanted to hear it again, and I noticed new things the second time. Surely as much a testament to your skill as to the band's talent. Definitely makes me want to hear more from these guys, so a job well done.

glad you all like it.

regarding the video, i think it's quite good.. very very well edited, and the band looked great in it, really putting their all into it, regardless of the possible cliché of the setting... it's also important to keep in mind this is the first vid of a new band, so not much money or time to do it. all in all, i think the video is stellar, all things considered.

glad you all like it.

regarding the video, i think it's quite good.. very very well edited, and the band looked great in it, really putting their all into it, regardless of the possible cliché of the setting... it's also important to keep in mind this is the first vid of a new band, so not much money or time to do it. all in all, i think the video is stellar, all things considered.

Yeah I'm not usually a fan of this type of video but for a first it's realllly fucking crisp.
You can see like details on the fretboard and shit haha.:kickass:

glad you all like it.

Sure, I'm not saying it isn't good or anything (it's actually very well made, and as I said, I really dig the visuals), it's just that the warehouse-thing is the most obvious "plot" for a metal music video :)

Then again, making music videos has become less and less of a serious promotion tool around here. We don't have any serious TV shows that show music videos, so they get very little exposure. From what I've gathered, Finnish bands make them pretty much for their own fun nowadays. It's kind of a bummer, really, since I loved watching those TV shows when I was a kid.

Sounds very good, and the song is pretty interesting. Usually when bands blend with a girl singer, it sounds forced, but this was done very well!