System Divide - "The Conscious Sedation" album trailer

Ha Cole told me a while back about something that James did on this recording that pissed him off. I laughed my ass off. (I won't say what it was, but I bet James knows what I'm talking about)

You rock James. Good job.

Ha Cole told me a while back about something that James did on this recording that pissed him off. I laughed my ass off. (I won't say what it was, but I bet James knows what I'm talking about)

You rock James. Good job.

yeah, ha... Cole gets mad about everything, lol. i replayed a poorly intonated guitar melody. it was so off it was un-tunable.... so i redid it. he's over it now and realizes it was for the best. Everything else he played was great... it was just that one melody that was bad.

It sounds great by the way. I got to hear some stuff you sent to them a while back. Me like it a lot.

Definitely digging this, sounds great James! The female vocals are a nice touch, and it seems to be done tastefully- not overtly poppy, but not operatic. From what I've heard, this band seems to have good sensibility when it comes to songwriting too...as in, they aren't leaning too heavily in any one musical direction in order to create their "sound". All of my favorite bands know how to connect different sounding parts in a seamless manor, and this band seems to get how to do that...

Thanks for the info James! Much respect on your work! Damn,that EVH 5150 III is everywhere (and sounds killer)!!!!!
Was it just a SM57 or did you make a combination with 421,i5,121,etc.?

thx Teddy... no, it was just one SM57, about a half-inch from the grill

The cymbals are what made it for me - so much detail when they're there and no missing space when they're not.

Also, I hereby officially veto the month of August.

Jeff

I buy most of my shit from Amazon. Is there any reason why it's not listed to pre-order there?

it's still too early.. not released until sep. 14, so i'd expect to see the pre-order listing pop up in Aug. hope that helps.