Search for the Ultimate Tuning of Metal

I stumbled upon a neat sounding one several months ago- cfcbge

It chords well and has a nice range. It took me about a month to adjust but now I don't play in anything else.

Alright, let me rephrase - the only In Flames worth listening to is tuned to C, and as it's still one of my biggest musical influences, so there ya go! And all the Arch Enemy I've heard (Angela-era) is in C as well, I can count on one hand the amount of Johan stuff I've heard (not a big fan of AE in general, and he certainly doesn't help matters!)

Jester Race - Clayman nukka! :D And maybe Reroute, I do like that album, I just never bothered to learn anything off of it, so I don't know what the tuning is.

Oh, and I consider drop Bb to still essentially be C-standard, since you're just changing one note/string.

+1 for the Eb tuning other wise known as half-step down. I've messed around with lower tuning before and although it does have more balls, I found that Eb is dark sounding and also has a nice rich presence to it. Keep in mind that the tuning is in the eye of the beholder and you should find what works best for you and your music. The difference is what makes metal so interesting and tasty!