Searching for Bands...

no idea

New Metal Member
Mar 8, 2008
Hey guys,

I´m searching for some Bands with Powermetal Riffs and Solos but with screaming vocals like Children Of Bodom.
This Band is my favourite since 5 years but their music went boring.
So I tried to search for other Bands like this Band.
Most oft the Bands i found got worse Guitarists and Singers..
Other bands went boring for me , too. I listend to Norther and Eternal tears of soorw, Ensiferum (...) and Soilwork, but i dont like them realy.

So please awnser my question, in 5 Days I´ll drive to Wacken for 8 hous :cry: and I need new bands like my favourite Band...

Please do not awnser my questions with Bands like Sonata Artica or Dragonforce.. In my Opinoin they are very gay because of the vocalists:lol:

Ps. Sory for my bad english, I´m from germany^^

You're going to get redirected to the Band Recommendations Forum; but definitely check out Kalmah. They're better than Children of Bodom in my opinion.

I know both.
Kalmah is a geat band but in my opinion only the older albums.. Now,The voice of the singer is a bit to deep.^^

thx for your awnsers,

Wintersun is in my opinion a bit too melodic, if you know what i mean^^.

I had an album of Naildown. I have to search for it. The instrumental parts are awesome! But i hate clean vocals^^

I will search for the album ^^ thx :headbang:

Mors Principium Est^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Scar Symmetry^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Skyfire^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Insomnium^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I dislike deep growling or deep vocals..^^
and I HATE clean vocals...

All the bands I listend a few times, but after some time I was very bored...

But I need some music :rofl:D

Hey guys,

I´m searching for some Bands with Powermetal Riffs and Solos but with screaming vocals like Children Of Bodom.
This Band is my favourite since 5 years but their music went boring.
So I tried to search for other Bands like this Band.
Most oft the Bands i found got worse Guitarists and Singers..
Other bands went boring for me , too. I listend to Norther and Eternal tears of soorw, Ensiferum (...) and Soilwork, but i dont like them realy.

So please awnser my question, in 5 Days I´ll drive to Wacken for 8 hous :cry: and I need new bands like my favourite Band...

Please do not awnser my questions with Bands like Sonata Artica or Dragonforce.. In my Opinoin they are very gay because of the vocalists:lol:

Ps. Sory for my bad english, I´m from germany^^

You basically want melodic death metal, but you don't like deep growl vocals. If you want somewhat melodic stuff with higher scream vocals (which are usually typical of black metal) check out these acts:

Dissection
Catamenia
Stormlord

All these bands have catchy guitar work with scream vocals (and usually some cleans thrown in).

I know you said you don't really like deep growls or clean vocals, but you'll probably have to overcome those apprehensions. A lot of music utilizes those techniques.

if you want a more traditional style power metal, try later sacred steel. they have some screaming/growling... not really CoB style though

~gR~

Last edited by a moderator: