Extremely Unique Bands

I"d like to reccomend Orphaned Land. They seem to be melodic death/goth metal with a lot of Middle Eastern music thrown in!! Does anyone else like them?

Also I"ve been listening to a band lately called Three. They sound rather unique. They are listed as progressive rock/metal. Sometimes it sounds like they mix metal, indie and prog rock all together.

Also Carnival in Coal seem unique. They have a pop song with gore death metal vocals lol.

Porcupine Tree (to this day I've never heard a more innovative band ranging from psychedelic/trance/alternative/prog-metal) stunning motherfuckers indeed.
Agalloch
V:28
Katatonia
Anathema
Augury

Orphaned Land is def.unique.

BTBAM sucks shit.

I normally hate this kind of shit, but I'm listening to their new shit off their MySpace & it's not too bad.

One band that has a very definitive sound I always thought was Megadeth. I'm sure they're nothing new to anyone here, but they have a unique sound because of the vocals.

Dream Theater are another band that have a unique sound due to their vocalist & some of their instrumental lines are like something no other band would play.

Therion's new album is very much as a whole like something I've never heard before.

I'm big on guitarists so I could say a lot of guitarists that have their own sound, specifically Vai & Allan Holdsworth, but it's not Metal.

I bought a really cool record,"The Sense Apparatus" last week by a band of crazy norwegians called Frantic Bleep. If you like either Atheist or Arcturus then check them out! I would describe them like a mixture of the both + a whole lot originality.

I just got Maudlin of the Well's "Bath" & it's definitely some of the most unique music I've ever heard. There are so many different styles on this album. This is true Avant Garde right here.

Ephel Duath - try The Painter's Palette or Rephormula.

The former is like 70s jazz fusion played with black metal instrumentation and vocals (though there are clean vocals).

The latter is like some sort of carnivalesque combination of black metal and electronic music.

I was just about to recommend all three of these bands.

Amazing bands. I've seen SC3 abd SGM together earlier this year. GREAT fucking show.

Anyways, as far as metal recommendations go:
Ved Buens Ende (melancholy avant-garde black metal)
Peccatum (Ihsahn's now disbanded experimental metal project with his wife)
Canvas Solaris (avant-garde tech-metal with space-rock influence at times)

Non-metl:
Thinking Plague (Dark RIO [Rock in Opposition] with the ex-drummer of Sleepytime Gorilla Museum)
John Zorn's Naked City album (avant-garde jazz and thrash metal thrown together)
Ruins (avant-prog from Japan. One of the most manic bands I know of)