Extremely Unique Bands

Ah yes... I see you are a fan of the Web of Mimicry label. My friend loves everything Spurance puts out... I've seen SC3 twice with him and SGM once.

I got to see SGM with SC3 in February...it was one of the most amazing shows I'd ever been to. At the end, both bands got together onstage and covered a Parliament Funkadelic song.

I'm seeing SGM again in August. it'll be my third time this year :kickass:

Ok im gonna lay it out. Im sick and tired of bands like Slipknot or Lamb of God "ruining" metal's good name, the name that bands like Iron Maiden or Helloween created when metal was born. Now my favorite new band out that is, to be simple, a breath of fresh air. Three Inches of Blood is like the super human hybrid baby of Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. The lyrics like Maiden, Vocals like Priest. I mean hell, Haltford even said that they are one of his favorite bands out today, i mean shit.. has the metal god spoken or what? They started in 2000 and got 3 albums, Battlecry under a winter sun, Advance and Vanquish(My Favorite), and their new album that came out in July "Fire Up The Blades".

Anyways, I've been listening to a lot of Mael Mordha. They are pretty unique. They play gaelic doom metal; trad doom with lots of folk instrumentation. They dress up like gaels from hundreds of years ago, but that doesn't really make a difference.

The Arctic Monkeys were when they started, but then they crapped out after their first album. Motion City Soundtrack has a unique sound too but neither of those bands are Metal. For Metal I'd say, Pantera, they've got their own pretty unique sound.

Just going to throw some stuff out there... I don't know that any of these are "extremely" unique, as extremely unique stuff tends to be just a little bit too proggy/avant for my tastes, but these might satisfy nevertheless.

Vrolok
Weakling
Jesu
Vinterikket
Aäkon Këëtrëh

Between the Buried and Me
"Alaska" has stood out for me bigtime among my recent heap of metalcore CD's. There's a lot of different music in this album, and it's hard to define it at all. I do detect a slight hint of EMOtive hardcore at the end though. XD