searching for those 80ies basketball boots/Hi Tops

Could see about the Reebok BB4600 Ultra Mid:

main_variation_21651_view_FRONT_306x333.jpg

or if you want a little more height on the body - the Reebok Ultra Hi

main_variation_10505_view_FRONT_306x333.jpg

Both have that old school white hi-top thrash vibe going.

Yep, I wore these things for fucking EVER.
Here's a pic from a few years ago.
5860_1240416849617_1205160019_726205_5553573_n.jpg

yeah, as someone else already said.. the "bay area thrash uniform" included usually Reebok high-tops, not Nike.

i used to wear some that looked pretty much like this, but a bit higher, and no gray bits.

reebok-neon-yellow-hi.jpg

Megadeth+lineup_pink.jpg

There was a year where I had the same Nikes as Marty in this pic and my brother had the same ones as Dave. Of course, we'd bought ours first. Hmph.

Damn, I never realized bay area thrash were all about the gangster rap shoes.

not even close... the two scenes wore very different styles of shoes.

such a weird phenomenon though that we can identify music scenes and eras based on footwear, eh?

Well I mean what rappers are now wearing used to be part of the said "bay area thrash uniform".

Oh yeah, I heard RUN DMC were huge on Adidas haha. With no laces.

Blacks are more discreet nowadays. Probably with white shoes people will point at you and tell you "get your fucking delorean and fuck off to the 80s'

I changed from white to black in 1991... fall of the metal basketball shoes and aparition of grunge, funk and all that shit, but I kept wearing them, then in the late 90's I changed and since then I normally wear skateboarding sport shoes.

Haha, am I the only one who doesn't dig these all that much? :D I'm fine with cheap Converse All Star rip-offs and Adidas Superstars :)

Nah, I'm not into high tops either.
I just wear regular (non hi-top) skate shoes or jogging shoes.
I like 80 thrash metal for the music........the fashion, not so much :lol: