searching for those 80ies basketball boots/Hi Tops

Death+Spiritual+Healing++From+left+t.jpg

A buddy of mine at work just recently got a green pair of the reebok pumps. I'll ask him where he got them from and let you know.

I'm soo glad that I kept all my shoes(the fitting and good ones;)), love my jordan 1, and the forces...

We have some hip hop stores in Berlin where they have all of those High Tops, but it's not cheap.

<--- Shoe fanatic!

Don't know what it says about me but I just don't like the look of High-Tops... not ripping them, they just don't suit me...

I'm wearing either a pair of DCs or a pair of...
adidas_superstar_ii.jpg

ah ha.. yeah.. that's the Reeboks i was talking about.. that pic was summer '89.

here's one from February '90... same shoes.. taken at some motel on tour.

motel90.jpg

i think i bought those in '88.

It was actually pretty interesting how I found that ...lol I was reading the thread while listening to Last.fm and Spiritual Healing came on. So I decided to see if you had any pics of the Reeb's and boom there it was!

What a great thread! Just stumbled on it. I have lots to contribute. First, a short retro want-list of mine:

Converse ERX 400:
converse-ERX-400.jpg

LA Gear Unstoppable:
la-gear-unstoppable.jpg

NIke Terminator (the original colorway!):
nike-terminator-white-grey.jpg

Pony Pro 80:
pony-pro80.jpg

Puma Superstars:
puma-superstar.jpg

British Knights:
british-knights.jpg

Reebok BB5000:
Reebok-BB5000-original-green2.jpg

Reebok BB5600 (original colorway!):
Reebok-BB5600-original-white-blue.jpg

Reebok BB5900:
Reebok-BB5900-original-green.jpg

Reebok BB4600II:
Reebok-BB4600II-original-grey.jpg

And every shoe that each band member of Megadeth is wearing here:
megadeth.jpg

As far what I've got going, I currently have a right shoe of:

Nike Team Conventions (1984 or 1985):
nike-team-convention-01.jpg

And a left shoe of:

Nike Sky Force (1984 or 1985)
nike-skyforce-02.jpg

It's a long story as far as how that happened, but they're so similar that only the most knowledgeable of sneakerheads would ever even notice I'm wearing two different models.

I also have a pair of Adidas Top Tens (rerelease), Nike Dunk High VNTG in an old-school colorway, my favorite pair of Nike Big Nike highs, and then rerelease models of the classic, untouchable Reebok BB4600, BB5600, and BB6600 models:

hi-tops.jpg

And last, but not least, I have two pairs of treasured Reebok BB4600s in the original, light-grey-on-white colorway:

BB4600-compare-1024.jpg

You can view a much larger version of that image here.

I just sold the US9 used ones yesterday on eBay.

I also made a YouTube video showcasing the original 1986 Reebok high top models which you can view . Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: This thread is gold, love how this dude comes out of nowhere with some retro shoe avatar and makes his first posts about shoes... Oh god my stomach.

Of course! This specific thread is about 80's basketball/thrash metal high tops, and I had things to contribute. I didn't intend to incite any ragefaces by doing it. Just trying to help, because I'm very nice, and you like me.

You should ask Janick Gers. He's the only one who still wears those kinda shoes.